Midnight Bayou - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Bayou Reviews

September 1, 2012
good fun stormy night movie
April 16, 2012
I love this movie and this book!!! Nora you are the best!!!
January 28, 2012
I'd like to see it someday along with Tribute, Northern Lights & High Noon, the other books by Nora Roberts made into movies.
½ August 30, 2011
I really like this movie cuz its in New Orleans! But i am not liking O'Connell as Declan. I really loved the book part a lot better.
½ July 2, 2011
This story is a bit unbelievable, but the characters are worth rooting for. The ending was happy just as expected.
½ June 3, 2011
The story was strange but even exciting. But too many thing has a low level so this wasn't much as entertainment.
½ March 27, 2011
Midnight Bayou, is imperfectly entertaining....nearly throughout the entire film.
June 25, 2010
Set in and around New Orleans, Midnight Bayou transports the viewer back and forth between the late 1800's and the present. The settings are absolutely spectacular and the actors are whitty and charming. There is just enough romance to feel sweept off your feet, but not so much to make you regret watching it. I would happily watch this movie again.
½ April 15, 2010
I've read the book which is one of my favorites. I knew the movie would have to change a few things around but the book is a lot better. Too many things were changed and the characters as I felt they were in the book were not what I experienced in the movie. The character of Lena wasn't as bold and saucy as she is in the book. The character of Declan didn't have as much charm as in the book. The character of Ms. Odette wasn't all that of a lovable grandma more like a voodoo woman (again not like the book). It's still one of my favorite books but as a movie ... it didn't impress me much. I don't regret I watched it. It could have been a lot better though.
½ April 13, 2010
February 18, 2010
Really, I liked the book and it was a bit more romantic. But the movie got in what it could. I liked the casting and the location, but there were things missing from it as far as side plots and some of the other action. But still. Great movie.
January 20, 2010
December 31, 2009
Jerry O'connell is so cool. great movie. so romantic.
½ December 11, 2009
A bit too cheesy for me.
November 30, 2009
Tassa elokuvassa on aivan lumoava konteksti, mutta kirjan juonen kasikirjoitus vahan tokkii... Jerry O'Connell onnistuu yllattavan hyvin. Mutta joo, sellaista hottoahan taa on, etta oksat pois.
November 28, 2009
love the ending....but the story is kinda ridicious.....
½ November 13, 2009
LOVEN NORA ROBERTS MOVIES...WAIT'N ON THE NEXT ONE!!
½ September 13, 2009
A great story about love findings it`s way thru diffrents times. Based on a Nora Roberts novell.