Midnight Bayou - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Bayou Reviews

½ August 24, 2009
a bit corny, but still lovely. I liked it :D
August 9, 2009
So corny, no more than a weak television made movie. The cast tries, but with material like this it doesn't much matter. Nice location setting though.
August 5, 2009
Honsetly I only watched it cuz Jerry O'Connell is in it and he's cute. But I'm not entirely sure if I'm supposed to like the whole past lives haunted by ghosts thing. It was a t least interesting with some twists.
July 26, 2009
couldn't get enough of the story so romantic, supernaturally profound nice cast
½ July 16, 2009
the worst nora roberts movie this season, completely cut out or removed the best parts of the book.
July 13, 2009
I've read the book which is one of my favourites and I always wished they'd make a movie out of it. I knew also they'd be changing things around in the movie if they ever made one but the book is a lot better. Too many things were changed and the characters as I felt they were in the book were not what I expected in the movie. The character of Lena wasn't as bold and saucy as she is in the book. The character of Declan didn't have as much charm as in the book. The character of Ms. Odette wasn't all that of a lovable grandma more like a voodoo woman (again not like the book). It's still one of my faviourite books but as a movie ... it didn't impress me much. I don't regret I watched it. It could have been a lot better though.