Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

½ September 28, 2016
Midnight in Paris is an ok movie not the best film I've seen in miles for it's not the worst movie I've ever seen either.
I care the point of the movie and there were some scenes I thought was pretty good but also some scenes that didn't even make since.
This film had an okay story, some good acting, ok music and some funny jokes here and there.
But even though there are some good moments there are some bad ones that are stupid but also predictable at times.
Overall Midnight in Paris is an okay movie I give it a 5.0 out of 10 not good not bad if you want to watch it I'd give it at least one viewing and see what you think.
September 17, 2016
Smart, funny and Charming I don't want more than those three to say that this is a Great woody allen movie
September 14, 2016
Enthralling, Slick, and Surrealistic! After years of hit & miss, Allen carefully hits a homerun with this one. He pays tribute to his favorite writers and artists. Captivating cinematography, bright witty dialogue, & the performances make "Midnight in Paris" nothing short of greatness.
September 14, 2016
Midnight In Paris is charming, sweet, and comedic with the right timing, bringing the audience through an amazing fantasy with Woody Allen's brilliant script and masterful direction, as well as perhaps Owen Wilson's best performance on screen.
September 11, 2016
One of the very few films I've seen to swoon as passionately and effectively the sheer romance of artistic pursuit as the work of its pinnacle inspirers -- all of whom are actually depicted here as lovingly and luminously and hilariously as they've ever been. Midnight in Paris is the best movie of 2011 (as of September) and may be Allen's most hypnotic work.
½ September 3, 2016
A slight but enjoyable comedy.
August 29, 2016
Fabulous movie, many younger people seem to give average or bad reviews because they do not know the history / authors and so do not "get" the jokes.
I've watch this movie several times and consider it in the top 5 Woody Allen movies
August 28, 2016
4.1/5

Midnight in Paris is undoubtly a very special experience like any Woody Allen film which suffers the irony of being not as amazing as it might just possibly due to the irony it proudly presents as its biggest selling point.
August 27, 2016
Midnight in Paris is a romantic comedy that makes deep reflections about loving and living.
Helped from its quite simple premise and from a great Owen Wilson, this movie will give you a good time.
August 22, 2016
Filme leve, delicioso e simplesmente encantador! Owen Wilson faz o perfeito alterego de Woody Allen, com seus trejeitos e questionamentos, e todo o elenco está impecável. Fotografia belíssima! Quase uma carta de amor à arte.
August 19, 2016
Better late than never seeing this movie, and i'm so happy I did. While i'm not the buggest fan of OW's style, i found him to be very enjoyable here. I loved the premise and setting. This is now in my top 10 romantic Comedies
August 16, 2016
Agradável e espertinho. Está longe de ser o melhor filme do Woody Allen ao mesmo tempo em que arranca do Owen Wilson a sua melhor perfomance até hoje.
½ August 15, 2016
One of my favourites. Such a wonderful story with a deep meaning I can relate to.
½ July 25, 2016
A few days ago I had a mid-day sugar craving, as I often do. Sometimes its bad and I buy a bag of skittles, but I didn't want to do that this time, so I took a walk to the library; I knew that the 6th floor digital media center always had a jar of delicious gummy bears out. Free candy! I grabbed a handful and looked through the computer to see if there were any movies I wanted to rent (also to validate my coming up there and taking candy). I had nothing in mind, but the librarian was right there and very friendly as always. I had been feeling pretty down in the dumps, and so I asked for an uplifting, feel-good movie, and this is the one he brought out. It did not disappoint, Midnight In Paris was wonderful, thoughtful, funny; a feel-good movie for sure!
July 21, 2016
Le tengo que poner 5 estrellas por algún motivo inconsciente. Justamente esta película empezó a construir mi amor por París, la fotografía y el soundtrack son uno solo, estéticamente perfecta, el diseño de producción y la fotografía se roban gran parte de la película.
Con respecto a los personajes creo que Owen Wilson da una actuación muy graciosa y honesta, le sienta natural esa actitud de escritor para nada conforme con su actual vida, aunque le cuesta admitirlo, desde las palabras del personaje, " negación". Rachel hace un papel raro en ella pero consigue que le tenga rechazo, al admirar al novio de su amiga que tiene una actitud obviamente soberbia, esto lógicamente es merito del director, que en la misma escena expresa, como Inez se fija en Paul, la ignorancia de su mujer, y el desprecio de Gil, todo esto con una comedia agradable y para nada exagerada.
Una comedia excelente que se va creciendo gracias a su originalidad y excelente dirección, actuaciones divertidas, pero por sobre todo, las sensaciones que me transmite ver a París a través de los ojos de Woody Allen.
Por cierto los últimos 10 minutos de esta película son oro.
Gracias Paris.
22/07/16 - 01:28 a.m
July 17, 2016
Proof that if you throw enough at the wall (Woody Allen has released a movie nearly every year since 1965), something is bound to stick. Probably the best thing he ever has, and ever will make.
½ July 16, 2016
I would consider this quirky Woody Allen film as a fantasy film of sort, as well as a tribute and appreciation to the authors and artists of the old 1920s. Actually I fact that I don't know much about those authors and artists makes it a little difficult for me to catch every reference of the humour here. Perhaps if I was a little more well-verse in the classic works, I might have been able to laugh a little more. Still I find Owen Wilson's usual awestruck bumbling performance to be a well fit of his character here. And a brief moment of Adrien Brody has the funniest impression on me.
½ July 9, 2016
Such a wonderful movie. Being to Paris myself made it that much more enjoyable! Amazing cast matches a great storyline.
July 6, 2016
I throughly enjoy this movie every time I see it
July 2, 2016
Every great director reaches a point in their career when they begin to lose what it was that made them great to begin with. Allen might be getting there, but it isn't with this film of his. What makes this film great is the subject it deals with: literature, art, romance, relationships, and life. What also makes this film great is the cast. Wilson is Allen in this film. The wit, charm, and neurosis of Allen in Annie Hall is re-embodied in Wilson during this film. While the film could have easily been transformed into a drama, which is probably what most directors would do with this film, it isn't. Allen turns it into a thoughtful and sentimental comedy, which is why this film is great.