Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

June 18, 2016
Have you ever fallen in love with a film? this is it. I fell min love with it just like Gil fell in love with the 1920s (or did I fall in love with the 1920s too...? maybe.)
½ June 5, 2016
It's a creative, entertaining and witty film, with the style of filmmaking that makes us love Woody Allen's best films. However, instead of making us love Paris with cinematography, he tries to do it throught the dialogue in a kind of forced way, this being to me it's main weak point. Enjoyable film easy to love.
May 26, 2016
Didn't enjoy it as I don't know much about the history side.
April 28, 2016
I love movies for a handful of different reasons. A film like ''Midnight in Paris'' could be one.

I might have given this a high score, but ''Midnight in Paris'' truly is Allen's best film in ages. I love everything about the movie, there would not be a single thing that i would change. The dialogue is excellent, as always with Allen films (He rightfully won his 4th Oscar for Best Original Screenplay), story is brilliant both in ideas and execution, the acting is top notch, Owen Wilson is excellent and perfect for the role, Rachel McAdams also shines, Martin Sheen's tiny role is absolutely hilarious. Then stars like Kathy Bates, Marion Cottilard, Adrien Brody, Tom Hiddleston, steal the show when they showup as classic legend painters, writers, etc. And like most Allen films, ''Midnight in Paris'' is yet again clearly inspired by Allen himself and his beliefs, dreams and hopes.

''Midnight in Paris'' is a movie i could rewatch a hundred times and still feel delighted with a big smile on my face after seeing it.
½ April 28, 2016
Just a taste of Allen's fantasy. The movie has the power to involve the viewer and make him dream . It ends up with a wise moral, just watch it and draw conclusions.
April 27, 2016
If you've been to Paris you'll love this. If you haven't been you'll love it after watching this. Brilliant characters; a fantastic soundtrack; great scenery. Having always loved Wilson as a comedic actor and recently watched some other Allen works, it is belatedly clear to me how Wilson is an embodiment of Allen. A wonderfully nostalgic look at the Paris of the 'Lost Generation' and the classical European artists of the the early-to-mid 20th century. One of my favourite films, due to its subject matter and originality. As a Francophile and big lover of Paris I am somewhat gripped by the scenery. It is easy to see why Allen won the Academy Award for best Original Screenplay. Just a fantastically fresh, light-hearted film.
April 19, 2016
Bittersweet canned movie for people who like Paris.
½ April 13, 2016
The more I watch this one the more I fall in love with it everytime. It beautifully connects two different worlds, which in the end lead the character to making an important life decision. Woody Allen is a genius in the way he included the big artists of the Golden Age in this film and the naive and child-like behavior of Owen in this past era simply captures the heart.
½ April 4, 2016
The use of the soundtrack struck me as masterfully done. It really captures nostalgia and matches Paris for it is most beautiful under the rain.
½ March 27, 2016
Woody Allen at his finest, Midnight in Paris is both funny and sweet, while also dishing out some delightful performances from the entire ensemble cast thanks to an ingenius premise and realistic characters.
½ March 11, 2016
A wonderful fantasy, one that I would like to step into. Very well written, and Wilson is a perfect match for the stuttering, bumbling dialogue that Allen pens. One gripe, if you don't know the artists and writers that this film refers to, you may be quite lost, as I don't know all of them, and now wish I did.
Watched on Netflix at Sam's house with her, March 11, 2016.
½ March 6, 2016
Aweful! Biggest piece of crap I've ever watched. Honestly I think the reviewers who gave this the terrific ratings must believe they are true 'critics' and therefore their critique is based on certain aspects of the 'Film' that most normal people do not care about. As a 'regular person' who was hoping to watch an enjoyable movie with my wife on a friday night at home, and who saw the 90% positive ratings, we were utterly disappointed. In fact we almost turned it off about 25 min into it, but decided to continue just in case it got better. It didn't.

Next time I will go with my gut rather than with 'flixster' reviewers ratings.

Unless you are a huge Woody Allen fan, don't waste your time.
½ February 12, 2016
A marvelously charming, poignant, and romantically sentimental dream.
½ February 10, 2016
Shockingly terrible. Was it written by a child? The ending was a dead-end.
February 8, 2016
I wanted to like this movie, and the beginning started off ok. However throughout the film it started to loose its drive and turned into a disappointing movie that left you feeling unsatisfied.
½ January 24, 2016
Magic to watch. Something so many of us face. The belief we were born at the wrong tell and constantly searching to find a place to fit in, never satisfied. Woody Allen creates another masterpiece.
½ January 21, 2016
Portrayals of past greats like Hemingway in the time warps are brilliantly written and acted. Woody Allen showing us what he can still do as a writer/director.
January 12, 2016
Midnight in Paris is a film that reminds us about nostalgia and walking in time while exploring the wonders that pop culture has given us