Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

½ February 10, 2016
Shockingly terrible. Was it written by a child? The ending was a dead-end.
February 8, 2016
I wanted to like this movie, and the beginning started off ok. However throughout the film it started to loose its drive and turned into a disappointing movie that left you feeling unsatisfied.
½ January 24, 2016
Magic to watch. Something so many of us face. The belief we were born at the wrong tell and constantly searching to find a place to fit in, never satisfied. Woody Allen creates another masterpiece.
½ January 21, 2016
Portrayals of past greats like Hemingway in the time warps are brilliantly written and acted. Woody Allen showing us what he can still do as a writer/director.
January 12, 2016
Midnight in Paris is a film that reminds us about nostalgia and walking in time while exploring the wonders that pop culture has given us
January 10, 2016
canvas and reality inside a frame in a world of self expression. what age of art period do we live in? is it really a golden age or the best we have of a present. how does the artist want it's art remembered or even themselves. sometimes works of art is unpredictable has no sure outcome like it's artist and it's time.
January 9, 2016
A great looking, creatively performed Woody Allen film that never really gets beneath the surface of the ideas it tries to explore. Regardless, it still retains enough wit and charm to be largely enjoyable - mostly due to Owen Wilson and the rest of the cast - ranging from Tom Hiddleston as F. Scott Fitzgerald to Adrien Brody doing a great impression of Salvador Dali.
January 8, 2016
It just hits me because of its nostalgia. Im also enthralled by 'my' golden ages: late 1970's Hong Kong.
January 5, 2016
Charming little flick. Great entertainment. Couldn't say otherwise.
½ January 4, 2016
Wonderful look at Paris's aesthetic power on a struggling writer, and the inspiration he finds in his nostalgic journey. One of Allen's best. Wilson is magnifique!
January 3, 2016
Owen Wilson embodies a soon-to-be married, neurotic, and maudlin writer (a.k.a. Woody Allen) who experiences life-changing flights of fancy in time during his visit to Paris. A time-traveling car makes it possible for him to meet famous cultural icons from the 1920s like Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, and Dali. They help him with the novel he's working on, but they also pull him away from his fiancÚ to rediscover and honor passion-affirming values. There are always a parade of throw-away women for Woody Allen's characters to lust after, taste, or become horrified by. The ones they end up with are one-sided, sweet, and easy, but of course, the film ends before this plays out. Woody Allen's happy ending embraces nostalgia and romanticism as a lifestyle in the here-and-now; it may be the most hipster-affirming plot ever!

Tagline: I never thought Woody Allen would look so good as a blonde.
½ January 1, 2016
If your'e a fan of Woody Allen, you'll enjoy this movie. Midnight in Paris was a decent movie overall, although filled with slightly cheesy plot points and unrealistic characters.
½ December 31, 2015
Stand-alone charming, but not if you take into account many disjointed scenes, motivations, and unrealistic characters -- everyone in the film besides Gil Pender
½ December 31, 2015
Another light but quite mysterious and powerful drama from Woody Allen, as simple as always.. The cast weren't full of A-list actor, but they're pretty convincing enough to me as they brought a good performance.. But overall, it's just another sweet romantic movie by Woody Allen.. Not one of his best but definitely worth to watch..
December 29, 2015
Funny, fascinating, sentimental, Paris beautifully depicted. Pure Woody Allen.
December 25, 2015
I'm stunned. I am not a Woody Allen fan. Almost didn't watch this because he directed it, but it is wonderful. Marvelous. An absolutely delightful, witty and cinematically gorgeous movie.
December 25, 2015
An ode to Paris! Charming, whimsical, its a journey you enjoy with Gil. A large supporting cast is easy on the eyes.
½ December 24, 2015
a dazzling and nostalgic fantasy written and directed by one of my heroes, Woody Allen.
½ December 23, 2015
A bit too cheesey at times but still entertaining. It didn't work hearing Woody Allen's unique voice channeled through Owen Wilson. It feels like it was forced. Despite that and a few flaws in performances it was a good film.
½ December 22, 2015
With inviting cinematography and a wild original story, Midnight in Paris is a thought-provoking comedy with some incredible performances from its ensemble cast and a large stroke of genius from Woody Allen.