Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Reviews

½ January 23, 2015
This film could have been so much more but I just did not much about the characters despite the good actors such as Kevin Spacey, Jude Law & Jack Thompson underwhelming at best
December 17, 2014
Revisiting a 1997 favorite. If you're not from the south you're not gonna get it.
½ November 17, 2014
An interesting and appropriately weird film, but it doesn't have as much impact as it should. 74/100
November 16, 2014
Wow what a boring movie. Plods along at a snails pace with a generic plot. Only thing worthwhile is Kevin Spacey's performance.
October 12, 2014
The only think good about this movie is that it is over.
October 8, 2014
This had the potential of being a great movie. The story was great. The performers were top notch. But Clint Eastwood didn't do a very good job in directing it. The pacing was inconsistent. Why must he ruin movies?! Someone should redo this one - that's a remake I'd be interested to see.
July 19, 2014
I just found it tedious.
July 11, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
½ June 15, 2014
It started off with incredible promise, but there wasn't nearly enough Kevin Spacey to sustain the middle third.
February 25, 2014
Based on a true crime story! What makes this film intriguing has nothing to do with the murder, it has everything to do with its colorful characters!

The flamboyant drag queen Lady Chablis whom just happens to play herself/himself in the film!

Luther Driggers the man whom walked around with flies buzzing all around him (They were attached to him via string)! Oh yeah he also carries a vial full of poison just like he does in the film!

Minerva the local voodoo high priestess!

Mr. Glover the man walking a dead dog named Patrick!

I'm a sucker for strong character driven plots and this film is bursting at the seams with quirky, eccentric characters that add flavor to the film as much as they do in the real world!
½ January 20, 2014
I highly recommend the book
December 29, 2013
Interesting real life murder mystery set in Savannah, Georgia featuring an eclectic assortment of colourful local characters.
November 25, 2013
One of a short list of my favorite movies!
½ November 11, 2013
Great Characters, great setting... Love this movie and see it every chance I get... Use of local "celebrities" was ingenius and added credibility to this quirky movie... Tichiganblues
November 5, 2013
Interesting but mediocre crime drama, with an impressive sense of place.
½ October 18, 2013
Ein gutes kritisches Stimmungsbild über die Südstaaten
October 7, 2013
The side stories and characters are what keep this afloat. I just didn't find this anywhere near as fascinating as my memory served me. (great everything)
October 1, 2013
The film is very odd for a Clint Eastwood film, but the film pulls through thanks to a very strong performance by Kevin Spacey.
½ September 17, 2013
"Welcome to Savannah, Georgia. A city of hot nights, and cold blooded murder."