Midnight Madness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Madness Reviews

September 15, 2016
It seems like they were trying to recreate a wholesome Animal House. It was fun and had some surprisingly good humor at times that caught me off guard. The whole pbr thing was pretty unusual for Disney.
½ April 7, 2016
It's hard to believe this film was made by Disney given it's more like 'Animal House' in style and comedy than something for the family. It's a good laugh too with an almost screwball chase around Los Angeles for very little reason.
½ January 30, 2016
Disney tries its hand at college humor, but it's a disaster. Midnight Madness reeks of stupidity. (First and only viewing - 1/9/2011)
July 12, 2015
One of Disney's first PG movies, it is a delightful romp with 5 sets of college kids romping around L.A. one night. It is rather dated (disco skating, anyone?) and the sets of college kids very stereotyped, but that helps in just kicking back and enjoying the film.
October 27, 2013
A timeless easy on the noggin cult classic. Perfect for the young or young at heart. A scavenger hunt between teams of college students through out one night in LA. Plus Michael J Fox's screen debut!
May 13, 2013
An 80's movie that's reminiscent of Rat Race and dates itself tremendously at every turn. It's so full of stereotypes of every kind; the nerds, the sorority girls, jocks, the do-good hero, and the slackers all compete in a game of clues that take them all over Los Angeles. Entirely to long for my tastes but there are moments of solid gold amongst this pile of crap.
November 23, 2012
Really? This has no score on the Tomatometer?
July 3, 2012
Eagle...Egypt...Easter Bunny... Easter Parade!!

M-E-A-T M-A-C-H-I-N-E...Meat Machine! Meat Machine!
½ April 14, 2012
So 80s. Cool classic.
½ December 11, 2011
Midnight Madness has been a favorite movie of mine since I was a kid. Ever since seeing this movie, I have thought it would be so awesome to compete in a game like The Great Allnighter. The story here is so cool and I love how they figure out the clues and progress to each place, especially when they show the different teams solving the riddles and cut from group to group as if they are finishing each others sentences. I also really like how each team has their own identity and how each of the team members fit this and add to it. The acting here is pretty good and it's fun to watch Michael J. Fox in such an early role and so young. I highly recommend that everyone sees this movie.
½ October 29, 2011
I can remember this movie from my childhood...loved it!
½ October 27, 2011
Most of the comedy in this film is based on food being dropped or thrown.

It's typically 80's, playing off broad stereotypes‚"lifting from Animal House; casting Eddie Deezen as his career-defining "nerd"‚"and working as much of the popular "gross-out" humour that was popular at the time. At least, as much as its PG rating would allow.

It's probably notable for only one thing: Michael J. Fox's debut.
February 15, 2011
One of the few 80's movies I had not seen! And even the kids loved it!
January 28, 2011
Faga Beefe all the way
January 10, 2011
A fun college themed movie, one of the best from 1980. The story deals with a scavenger hunt, so it's both a comedy and an adventure. I loved it.
January 3, 2011
Mais um de competição mto engraçado!!! E o Michael J. Fox pequeneninho??? Ooooohhhh! rsrs
½ December 11, 2010
This is a Disney-fied, kiddie-version of chaotic, cast-of-thousands comedy fare such as "Rat Race", "What's Up, Doc", and "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World", wherein teams of greedy maniacs compete in cross-town, cross-state, even cross-country scavenger hunts, all the time getting embroiled in inconvenient situations & sub-plots. Full of childish humor,this has an unsophisticated, made-on-the cheap feel which only adds to its peculiar charm, and is actually very entertaining. Chubby Stephen Furst ("Flounder" from "Animal House"-) and perpetual squeeky-voiced uber-nerd Eddie Deezen are amusing, and the beautiful Debra Clinger makes you wish she had made more film appearances. Notable as a very young Michael J. Fox's first film appearance.
August 23, 2010
I remember the early 80's sitcoms and this film pretty much fits right in. It's very comical, or tries to be, and comes off as silly. The actors overdo it, and if I was five years old I might have a chance of liking this film. I'm still trying to figure out who this Leo guy is and why the two roller chicks hang out with him. I'm gonna say he grows up to be Tim Burton.
½ August 9, 2010
May 1, 2010
I loved this movie as a kid and always thought a scavenger hunt like this would be fun! But I doubt this movie aged well!