Midnight Madness - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Madness Reviews

April 14, 2010
This film has it all (in terms of '80's nostaglia) Teen Wolf and the American Werewolf in London as brothers. Eddie Deezen!Dorfman. Pee-Wee's theatrical debut! Fun times. Fun times.
April 3, 2010
If HBO hadn't come on full force in the 1980's, this movie, which was panned by critics and bombed at the box officer, would have gone into obscurity. But the countless airings in the first half of the 1980s on HBO, made it cult classic. It's a Disney movie and that's somewhat why it's so bad production wise. This was Disney's attempt at an older market. Those Kurt Russell college comedies were very lame and this has the look and feel of one. Disney distanced itself from the movie in an attempt to get more people in the theater. It didn't help. Nowadays, it's pretty tame compared to 30 years ago when dirty words, like "damn" and sexual innuendo that is tame in family hour TV today and scenes of people drinking BEER!! were risque back in the day. It's cheesy and campy, but that's what makes it so good. Five teams of college students go on an all-night scavenger hunt that takes them all around the L.A. area. While the overhead on such a hunt would seem outrageous in real life, in the movie it's excusable. This was the first movie featuring Michael J. Fox and Paul Reubens, aka Pee Wee Herman, as well as a featuring B-movie actors such as Eddie Deezen, David Naughton, who at the time was a rising star, and Stephen Furst hot off Animal House. Many of the other actors went nowhere. Simpson fans might notice Maggie Roswell as one of the game players. Yes, the movie is a collection of stereotypes and silly, corny jokes, but it's also a kids movie and sometimes, that can be foregiveable.
February 26, 2010
Mr Fox's first film is entertaining in a screwball caper chase kind of a way!
January 4, 2010
No plot at all and very lame!
December 16, 2009
I've loved this movie since I was a kid. also has Michael J Fox in his first movie appearance.
November 26, 2009
so cheezy that you can't help but enjoy it.
November 26, 2009
so cheezy that you can't help but enjoy it.
October 29, 2009
2 additional stars for Michael J. Fox who is (as always) stunning.
June 23, 2009
I don't care about whatever sentimental value this may hold, this movie blows. I don't go rating Homeward Bound 5 stars because it blew my 9-year-old mind (and happened to have Michael J. Fox in it).
June 2, 2009
You are only cool if you remember this movie and have seen it!
March 26, 2009
Cult classic to the bone...and MAN is it fun! In this early 80's pageant of the college stereotypes, 5 teams are assembled to compete in the "Great Allnighter," a scavenger hunt designed to take each team on a wild ride through the city. There's the handsome good guys, the scheming bad guys, the sorority sisters, the nerds and the fratboys; all in the race for the grand prize. Not on par with comedies like Animal House or Caddyshack but still a pretty neat storyline that maintains your interest throughout. As "cult-ly" classic as this film is, however, it should be remembered by all as the the world's introduction to a young, cherub faced Canadian boy...by the name of Michael J. Fox.
½ March 14, 2009
Just a fun film for turning your brain off after a tough day at the office.
March 7, 2009
Bad Movie, Bad Acting, Bad and over-used concept = Awesome TIME! Some movies just are "Fagafeefee" to me.
March 3, 2009
Strange enough, this is one of my favorites of all time. The Blue team makes it, especially Melio. Why aren't these people famous today? The world needs more Leons!!
February 9, 2009
Fun movie, kinda silly, but very enjoyable. Plus Michael J. Fox is cute and young in this movie, so you've gotta check him out.
½ February 9, 2009
Some pathetic acting, but very entertaining and funny. A nice look back to the late 70's and early 80's. Also included in the cast is Micheal J. Fox as a real youngin'
February 6, 2009
This fun movie had such an effect on me when it was constantly shown on HBO in the 1980s that my friends and I used to have little mini scavenger hunts! Five teams of college students go on a wild all-night scavenger hunt in L.A. and lunacy ensues. Stephen Furst and Patricia Alice Albrecht steal the show from the leads as Harold and Lucille, the nasty leaders of The Blue Team. Of The Red Team, Robyn Petty is hilarious as Berle, a tiny but feisty sorority girl. B-movie girls Kirsten Baker and Debi Richter show up, roller-skating across campus. There are lots of familiar faces you'll see in this guilty pleasure, and of course you know which team is going to win, but it's a whole lot of fun getting there!
January 27, 2009
Leon!! this movie is perfect
½ January 5, 2009
A scavenger hunt movie that has its moments, like at the Pabst brewery. And look at the cast!
January 2, 2009
Lucille: Harold, how long are you gonna keep driving around without knowing where we're going?
Harold: Barf, have you finished unscrambling those letters yet?
Barf: [finishes unscrambling letters] Fagabeefe? Haha. Fagabeefe. Hey, Melio - fagabeefe.
Harold: [shouts] *Shut up*!

Leon: See you at the finish line... wherever that may be.

Melio: Ha! It's easy!
Harold: Well, what is it?
Melio: It's like a lookout off a cliff or something.
Melio: It means Cherry Point.
Harold: How'd you get that?
Melio: Well, there's one of a chair... that's a chair. One of an 'E'... that's an 'E'. One of a pin... that's a point. Chair-E-Point: Cherry Point.
Harold: What about the ball?
[Melio knocks the ball off the table]
Harold: [shouts] You idiot!

Bratty kid: [looking through telescope at a girl getting undressed in window] If I'm lucky, I may get a view of Venus' two moons.
Adam: [pointing at the sky in the other direction] Hey, Einstein - isn't Venus over there?

Melio: [loudly, to wake up Lucille] No, Harold, there *aren't* any cookies left!