Midnight Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight Movie Reviews

½ March 1, 2016
Well made, bloody, and intense slasher that's a lot better than most, and definitely not forgettable.
September 18, 2015
A fun slasher film that horror fans everywhere can enjoy, but if you don't like gore, this will not be for you! A
½ May 19, 2015
A lack of scares and reprehensible acting hold down this campy gorefest.
March 27, 2015
Not bad - could've been better. The acting sucked rather badly and I wished they gave us more background on who the killer was before he created a movie he could enter and exist at will and how he transported others back and forth from real life to the movie. Otherwise, a great soundtrack and bloody murders.
½ September 8, 2014
Divertissant quand tu t'attends à un film d'horreur de série B.
½ June 28, 2014
A splatter film with no splatter.A rather blahhhh slasher film with no real sense of self.
November 23, 2013
Entertainingly cheesy and off the all premise.
May 23, 2013
May 18, 2013
Gnarly looking killer, above average acting, awesome murder weapon, and pretty cool concept. All in all, a pretty good slasher film.
½ February 12, 2013
Not too bad, with writer, director obviously trying to do something different with the sub-genre.
½ January 30, 2013
Midnight Movie is a slasher film that wants to be something more, unfortunately it does not succeed in any other goals than gory violence. The beginning of Midnight Movie was promising, but it fails to deliver actual story that is meaningful .
January 26, 2013
A movie with a weird ending

A serial killer that stared in a movie broke out of the looney bin wheat in hiding . Years later he showed his face when the movie he stared in is playing again. The movie has a weird awkward twist and the ending is not pleas able . Ended with question and is open for a second part.
½ January 14, 2013
Just another generic slasher film with bad acting. Had a claustrophobic feel since the entire movie happens within the same building. The effects and makeup were done very well. There was a decent attempt at making the killer seem scary, although it could have been done better. Felt a little bit cheated with the way to beat the killer..."just dont be scared of him". Very unimaginative.
½ December 24, 2012
A terrible, terrible excuse for a horror film and a film in general.
December 21, 2012
Kind of a cool concept ruined by poor performances.
½ October 30, 2012
Love that the killer comes from within the film but the dialouge and acting was lacking as were the scares.
½ October 23, 2012
Although it does drag at times and the characters are pretty stereotypical, this one has a great premise and does a good job of storytelling. Perfect ending for a sequel, which I would definitely watch.
September 29, 2012
I was so surprised by this film! It turned out so great! The story is intelligent, classic, original horror, and the killer is really iconic. I have already printed him in my mind, as a horror character. In the beginng, it kinda feels like it's a typical horror/slasher film, but when you've passed the first 20 minutes, you start to realize, that this ain't just another cheesy horror film, but a true original, and also an expansion of earlier horror films!
½ September 2, 2012
I really wanted to like this movie but it dug it's own grave with shoddy camerawork, unsurprising deaths and boring characters. If I had to say something positive...um...well...the mask was pretty cool.
August 27, 2012
The film has an interesting setting and a pretty original premise. However, it suffers from forgettable characters and being somewhat tedious at times. Other than that, it's a nice little film that brings you back to the days when cult horror films ruled the grindhouse theaters. It may even remind one of Wes Craven's "Scream", in how the characters are faced with a slasher villain much like the ones seen in the same movies that they adore. Overall, it's worth a watch.