Mifune's Last Song (Mifune) (Mifunes sidste sang) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mifune's Last Song (Mifune) (Mifunes sidste sang) Reviews

August 4, 2013
if you like "oddball movies", this one's for you. good ensemble cast, especially "liva" and the boy who played her brother.
the wedding night scene at the beginning was hilarious.
June 3, 2013
Another good addition to the Dogme cannon. This tale of rediscovered family members and people who aren't what they appear to be is very entertaining.
April 11, 2013
Fairly decent Dogme film. While the Dogme rule set only really worked in Festen and was subsequently just a gimmick there were still a few decent movies in the genre and Mifunes sidste sang was one of them.
July 20, 2011
Junto con "Los Idiotas" de Von trier y "La Celebración" de Vinterberg, este film bien puede ser la tercera joya del movimiento Dogma, aquel en donde el arte volvió para controlar al cine. Cámara en mano conocemos a varios atribulados personajes, convivimos con ellos y descubrimos aquello que les aflige y motiva. No es una comedia negra, tampoco un drama desgarrador como los de Von trier, este inclasiflicable film danà (C)s sólo narra una inviable historia de amor que dará comienzo a una familia totalmente "sui generis". Indispensable.
½ June 25, 2011
La otra cara de Dogma. La primer cinta del movimiento que, afortunadamente, no tiene el sello Dogma (camara esquizoide) impreso en cada cuadro. En contraste, la intensidad y energia se encuentra en la interaccion de los actores y no en la camara masturbadora. MIFUNE carece de la tension psicologica de FESTEN y de la austeridad de IDIOTERN, pero cuenta con un simpatico y entretenido romanticismo. Quien no ha tratado de imitar, por lo menos una vez, al legendario Toshiro Mifune agarrado un palo de escoba y tirando sablazos a diestra y siniestra. A pesar de estos atributos MIFUNE no descubre nada nuevo y no propone retos mayores dentro del contexto Dogma. Buena para un dominguito con la pareja.
January 11, 2011
I'm usually not that interested in movies in foreign languages, and this being a dogma movie I didn't quite know what to expect. It turned out to be better than I expected. Some parts might have been a bit weird and peculiar, although it was nice to see something different for a change...
September 10, 2010
Danish films always surprise you in a nice way. You don't really know what to expect, so you don't expect anything, and that way it always turns out to be great, no expectations=no disappointments.
The film is a charming story about the relationship between Kresten and his retarded brother Rud, and how it changes when the prostitute Liva from Kopenhagen starts working as their housekeeper...
Showing many parallels to Dustin Hoffman's "The Rainman", the story strikes a chord with the more sensitive in the audience-and the more perverted(the scene where Liva pees on the Persian rug of one of her customers). Also surprisingly, the retard Rud turns out to have the purest heart and the only one without nasty secrets under his emotional rug... I usually enjoy Dogme films and so I did with this one too.
July 14, 2010
Strange movie. Didn't catch the whole thing but plan to finish it sometime.
April 21, 2010
Il manquait définitivement un certain tonus à l'ensemble de ce film volontairement très dogmien. Disons que les thèmes étaient de la redites et que décidément quelque chose manquait. Ça ressemblait à un villa paranoia, mais sans l'âme qui accompagnait ce dernier.
½ March 18, 2010
Loved it made me smile.
½ January 4, 2010
A strange, banal and refreshing Danish Movie that goes to the Heart i love such Kind of Movies with crazy Characters from the Backland and the City who come together and learn to love each other and many funny and tragiccomic Situations
December 8, 2009
Recommended by Liesebieke.
November 30, 2009
Seen this movie tons of times since it has been in my movie collection for several years. Today I watched it for the first time with Danish subtitles, the movie is spoken in the Danish language.
It is the most wonderful love story you can imagine. The performance of Jesper Asholt who played the elder mentally disabled brother Rud is just beyond brilliance. His character is funny, soft, sweet and serious at the same time. He received two awards for this role, totally deserved.
The story itself is a very beautiful one. It never goes down to the Hollywood level of romantic comedies. Why not? Because this is a Danish movie made according to the Dogme certificate, which was signed by a bunch of skilled Danish directors. The director of this masterpiece is Søren Kragh-Jacobsen.
As you can see is the first Dogme movie Festen on number 4 of my all time favourite movies. This one is definitely into the top 10.
November 29, 2009
life's hard when ou get stuck in your own lies.....
you can try to run away from the past but the past will catch up......
April 4, 2009
Never published in Italy, it's my favourite Dogma 95. I saw it in the Cinemateca in Lisbon, back in 2000. Que saudade!!!
January 12, 2009
Recommended by Brian.
December 3, 2008
I suggest this movie to everyone who likes dogma films. Best Dogma film I've ever seen. :)
August 31, 2008
Dogme films are amazing!
½ August 29, 2008
De lo mejor que salio de dogma 95! extrañamente divertida.
July 31, 2008
genialt skuespil af "Rud"