The Mighty Reviews

• Jul 05, 2019

The very touching, thoughtful, powerful and moving story of a pair of teenaged misfits, each struggling alone at first with his own personal challenges, who develop an extraordinary bond of friendship, helping and learning from each other, growing together over the course of a series of unique, life-changing adventures (or "quests", as they call them), and each finally forced to confront his own ultimate challenge alone, but having been made stronger and wiser by their shared experiences and by each other. This film will catch you off guard and pull you in; there's really a lot more here than at first meets the eye. It turns out to be a film of extraordinary emotional depth and sensitivity that *will* tug at even the most hardened of heartstrings. I cried.

• May 31, 2019

I think The Mighty was terrible movie, it wasn't funny when it was supposed to be funny, the actors were bad at acting and there were too many genres.

• Oct 27, 2018

Stays true to the source material, and that's all I have to ask for in terms of a movie based on a book.

• Jan 03, 2018

I really enjoyed this kids drama that is fleshed out with a terrific supporting cast but the 2 young leads are the real stars here.

• Aug 02, 2017

too brilliant for me it's a 10 out of 10

too brilliant for me it's a 10 out of 10

• Apr 08, 2017

I really enjoyed this movie.

I really enjoyed this movie.

• Aug 16, 2016

The adaptation might not as be as perfect as I thought it would be, but The Mighty is watchable like its readable source material.

• May 14, 2016

oh god, the dialogue

oh god, the dialogue

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jan 23, 2016

emotionally strong movie with a purpose and backbone. The film has a central character relationship that is brilliant and worthy of the duration. Great cast with Stone giving a nice clothed performance.

• Dec 27, 2015

Ein toller, emotionaler Film über Freundschaft, Träume und Lebensbejahung! Die beiden Jungdarsteller trumpfen auf, wohin hingegen die etablierten Akteure ziemlich verblassen und aufgrund ihrer festgefahrenen Rollen (Gillian Anderson) deplatziert wirken. Der Film vermittelt eine positive Botschaft und schafft durch die Imagination der beiden Jungen einen Hauch Magie. Das Ende rührte mich zu Tränen. Sehenswert!