Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie Reviews

• Jun 16, 2020

good movie even though the cgi aged poorly

good movie even though the cgi aged poorly

• May 16, 2020

This movie is for kids who grew up with it and for hardcore fans of this franchise. I still remember watching this in the 90s and I still love it to this day. Power Rangers will forever be in my heart.

• May 15, 2020

It has it's silly 90's moments for sure but 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie' is still a gem for it's genre no matter what. (8/10)

• Feb 09, 2020

Feelin' Sick Today, & Don't Know What Else To Review, So I Selected A Movie The Nostalgia Critic Reviewed In His Very 1st Season: The 1995 Kids' Action/Adventure Flick "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie". And I'm Sure It's Obvious, I'm Not A Power Rangers Fan, I Don't Know Who Is. This Flick Does Capture The Throughly Unique Aesthetic From The Show For Better Or Worse. But Sadly For My Experience, It Wasn't The Former. Everything Is Cheesy, Some Effects Are Laughable Yet Some Are Cool, It's Not Funny; Except For 2 Scenes: 1st When After A Construction Worker Shouts "Hey!", The 2 Bullies Look At Each Other & Back As If They Were Scooby-Doo & Shaggy, & 2nd When Ivan Ooze & 1 Of His New Minions Have 1 Hypnotized Parent/Worker Do A Ballet Dance. Also, The Movie Itself Has The Stench Of The '90s All Over It! But Most Of All, There's A Huge Lack Of Plot & Explanation; Which Is Ironic 'Cause The Power Rangers TV Show Never Explained Anything That Much Either. And That Stuff Can Confuse Kids. 1 Last Thing, The Characters In The Film Are Painfully Bland. I Mean, Where Are Their Parents? Do They Live With Their Parents? Where Did They Learn Their Trademark Moves? And As The Evil Ivan Ooze, Paul Freeman Acts Like He's Christopher Lloyd, Which Gets Slightly Annoying. D'OH! So Yeah, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" Is A Very Underwhelming Waste Of Your Time. It's Not Funny, It's Cheesy, It Lacks Plot, The Characters Have Little To NO Character, It Screams The '90s From Head To Toe. I Have Very Little To Say About This Kids' Film, It's Just So Boring. I See The Power Rangers Can Kick Some Ass, But As This Movie Goes, I'd Personally Just Kick It's Hinie.

• Nov 09, 2019

This film had a bit of potential, the writing was okay, it's main villain was the absolute best part of the entire experience, it's utilization of practical effects was good but at the same time there was way too much crappy looking 1995 CGI in a film adaption of a TV show which was all about rubber suited monsters and robots beating the shit out of each other which was awesome. Also there's a lot of bad writing, puns, one-liners, pop-culture references and the overall story didn't seem very cohesive, it didn't make a whole lot of sense and I wish there had been more character development.

• Nov 03, 2019

better then the 2017 movie by far

better then the 2017 movie by far

• Sep 28, 2019

Although flawed but still enjoyable for fans. I'll admit it is a step down from the show and for Power Rangers only so it's understandable if others don't like. Could use an update of CGI and action scenes.

• Sep 27, 2019

I was a big fan of this movie when it first came out. I was 5 years old back then.

• Aug 03, 2019

i remember watching this on Netflix and loving it when i was younger and it's sill good and i think that needs more praise.

• Jul 03, 2019

THIS MOVIE IS TOTALLY AWESOME I HAVE IT ON DVD AND VHS IM SO ADDICTED TO THE MOVIE I'VE BEEN WATCHING POWER RANGERS THE SERIES SINCE 1993 UNTIL NOW BEEN 41YRS AND STILL WATCH IT..