Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie Reviews

• Jan 02, 2021

One of my favorite movies growing up, I saw it in Theatres. I never paid attention to the CGI or the acting, I loved anything Power Rangers.

• Dec 11, 2020

It may be boring in most areas, but it still feels like a power rangers film and can still entertain those who are fans of the show and definitely a lot better than the 2017 film.

• Dec 07, 2020

So bad and kitch, you can taste the 90s. Funny and entertaining, if you like retro children action movies!

• Oct 21, 2020

This is what you think of when watchin' Power Rangers.

This is what you think of when watchin' Power Rangers.

• Oct 19, 2020

The sole Power Rangers movie that's actually close to good. It, of course, also holds The Light Medallion Of OK-Ness. Characters: 3/5 Story: 2.5/5 Acting: 3/5 Special Effects: 2/5 Direction: 3/5 Cinematography: 3/5 Soundtrack: 3/5 Overall: 3/5

• Jun 16, 2020

good movie even though the cgi aged poorly

good movie even though the cgi aged poorly

• May 16, 2020

This movie is for kids who grew up with it and for hardcore fans of this franchise. I still remember watching this in the 90s and I still love it to this day. Power Rangers will forever be in my heart.

• May 15, 2020

It has it's silly 90's moments for sure but 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie' is still a gem for it's genre no matter what. (8/10)

• Feb 09, 2020

Feelin' Sick Today, & Don't Know What Else To Review, So I Selected A Movie The Nostalgia Critic Reviewed In His Very 1st Season: The 1995 Kids' Action/Adventure Flick "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie". And I'm Sure It's Obvious, I'm Not A Power Rangers Fan, I Don't Know Who Is. This Flick Does Capture The Throughly Unique Aesthetic From The Show For Better Or Worse. But Sadly For My Experience, It Wasn't The Former. Everything Is Cheesy, Some Effects Are Laughable Yet Some Are Cool, It's Not Funny; Except For 2 Scenes: 1st When After A Construction Worker Shouts "Hey!", The 2 Bullies Look At Each Other & Back As If They Were Scooby-Doo & Shaggy, & 2nd When Ivan Ooze & 1 Of His New Minions Have 1 Hypnotized Parent/Worker Do A Ballet Dance. Also, The Movie Itself Has The Stench Of The '90s All Over It! But Most Of All, There's A Huge Lack Of Plot & Explanation; Which Is Ironic 'Cause The Power Rangers TV Show Never Explained Anything That Much Either. And That Stuff Can Confuse Kids. 1 Last Thing, The Characters In The Film Are Painfully Bland. I Mean, Where Are Their Parents? Do They Live With Their Parents? Where Did They Learn Their Trademark Moves? And As The Evil Ivan Ooze, Paul Freeman Acts Like He's Christopher Lloyd, Which Gets Slightly Annoying. D'OH! So Yeah, "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie" Is A Very Underwhelming Waste Of Your Time. It's Not Funny, It's Cheesy, It Lacks Plot, The Characters Have Little To NO Character, It Screams The '90s From Head To Toe. I Have Very Little To Say About This Kids' Film, It's Just So Boring. I See The Power Rangers Can Kick Some Ass, But As This Movie Goes, I'd Personally Just Kick It's Hinie.

• Nov 09, 2019

This film had a bit of potential, the writing was okay, it's main villain was the absolute best part of the entire experience, it's utilization of practical effects was good but at the same time there was way too much crappy looking 1995 CGI in a film adaption of a TV show which was all about rubber suited monsters and robots beating the shit out of each other which was awesome. Also there's a lot of bad writing, puns, one-liners, pop-culture references and the overall story didn't seem very cohesive, it didn't make a whole lot of sense and I wish there had been more character development.