Mighty Oak Reviews

• Jul 28, 2020

This movie might have slipped under my radar but was recommended to me by a friend who enjoyed it. At first I thought it would have an "Almost Famous" tone to it. But after the first few minutes I quickly realized this was a movie all of its own. The story and actors captured my attention and brought me into the movie. I actually disagree with one of the critics that stated it had a "made for TV" feel to it. I appreciated the quality of the cinematography. Movies in this genre tend to have that grainy feel to them which always throws me out of the story. This is crisp and the direction allows you to connect with the characters and their journey. I also enjoyed the soundtrack for this movie. I recommend it, it's enjoyable but also touches on the very real subject of grief and moving on. Well Done!

• Jul 25, 2020

Mighty Oak reminds us of being young and full of excitement. However it does remind us all to show empathy for those who need it most. The acting is wonderful as you can truly feel the emotions of each character.

• Jul 25, 2020

This movie was the absolute best From the cast to the music to the heartfelt ❤ feelings that I got while watching it.So glad I purchased it so I can watch it again ☺ 😊 😄 🙂 😌 🤗

• Jul 22, 2020

Not a bad movie, glad to Janal Parish. It would be a great family movie if it didn't have strong language. Some of the acting is slightly cheesy but still pretty decent

• Jul 16, 2020

This is one of the most unrealistic movies I've ever seen. It is a sad waste of talent and time. I don't know how the writer came up with this. It is incredibly predictable and cheesy and there are so many holes. First of all, the character Gina has some weird obsession with her dead brother. And the strange reincarnation theme is shoved down the audience's throat. It's disrespectful to the actual theory and beliefs of reincarnation. Also, there are such strong Christian undertones but reincarnation is not a Christian idea. All of that is confusing and does not make for a good story. Then what kind of grandparents would allow for their grandson to be raised by some stranger? The songs are childish and although the actor playing Oak seems like the real deal with his ability to play guitar, his acting is choppy and unbelievable. They obviously got the kid because of his musical abilities but couldn't they hire an acting coach for him? The only reason this movie is getting any attention is because it was released during a pandemic and there is nothing else to do. They director had a hit with Soul Surfer which why I even watched this, but it seems like he's a one hit wonder. I would not recommend.

• Jul 14, 2020

Almost everyone in this film is likable, problem is that they really can't act. I wanted to like this film. I loved Sean McNamara's "Soul Surfer", unfortunately he didn't have much to work with here. The script is sorely lacking. However the film looks good. The Ocean Beach locations and drone shots work well, but the songs come out as childish and the acting amateurish. Better luck next time.

• Jul 08, 2020

Good movie, very heart wrenching and original!

Good movie, very heart wrenching and original!

• Jul 08, 2020

Great family movie!! Tommy Ragen is so talented!! The music is awesome and I loved the story!!

• Jul 06, 2020

The music was awesome! Tommy Ragen was so amazing. This is a great movie for the entire family. Band of Gringos - ROCKS!!!! ❤️

• Jul 05, 2020

This is a great movie for the entire family. Tommy Ragen makes an outstanding debut that showcases both his acting and singing skills - and also his abilities as a bone fide rocker musician. All the actors shine in mighty oak !