A Mighty Wind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Mighty Wind Reviews

March 12, 2014
Watched this recently as it has been a while. I forget how damn funny this is. I could watch these guys in anything. Parker Posey rocks. AND from Mississippi! :)
½ February 20, 2014
It takes awhile to get going and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but once the colorful cast of characters come together for the big climax, the laughs amp up, and it's hard not to admire the care and determination to produce such a convincing mockumentary. Although I'm not into folk music so much, it was still amusing to see the clash of some has-beens with a newer generation of performers while poking fun at some of the tropes that plague the genre's history. Fans of that particular type of music or people who grew up with it will probably get more enjoyment out of the film, but it's still an immensely well made and intelligent comedy.
½ January 21, 2014
Really funny mockumentary movie that's has some super catchy songs! Cute story too!
9/10
January 4, 2014
wish I'd get to pick the movie based on my want to see list
November 23, 2013
I LOVE THIS MOVIE. 'Nuff said.
October 6, 2013
just awful. .. couldn't even finish it.
September 18, 2013
Didn't like that much.
September 7, 2013
I still listen to the soundtrack!
September 1, 2013
Folk music gets given the Spinal Tap treatment, and it's hilarious. Not surprising, as A Mighty Wind was written and directed by Christopher Guest, who along with Michael Mckean, Harry Shearer and Rob Reiner, gave us the mind-blowingly brilliant This is Spinal Tap.

Great parody of folk music, though the movie is not at all malicious in its parodying. The music is actually quite charming, despite its inherent naivety and idealism.

Great performances from a great cast: in addition to Guest, McKean and Shearer, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Bob Balaban, Jane Lynch, Parker Posey, Fred Willard and Ed Begley Jr. Stand-out performance goes to Eugene Levy - every expression and word of his is hilarious.
August 21, 2013
The best Christopher Guest "Mocumentary"! I liked it
better than Spinal Tap and that's saying something!
½ August 14, 2013
Familiar faces but too slow for what is suppose to be a comedy. Sorry didn't care for it.
August 12, 2013
I'm not overly familiar with Christopher Guest so this is quirky but expected. That said, it is kinda a weird but loveable trip with tons of familiar character actors. But the heart is Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara. So sweet, bittersweet, to see their Oscar nominated performance.
August 4, 2013
this is really not even a real movie its like all about these 3 guys talking about their selfs and each other.......STUPID!!!!
August 4, 2013
It's humor may be a little too slow and dry for some, but the lovable characters, infectious music, and entertaining use of mockumentary format make "A Mighty Wind" worth a glance.
August 2, 2013
Christopher Guest returns to the mockumentary genre. After taking on the rock and roll in the legendary This is Spinal Tap, he takes on the world of folk music in this film about the behind the scenes of a tribute concert in New York City for which three well known acts get back together. With this film, Guest arguably becomes the kind of the genre. Funny and charming, this is quite different from This is Spinal Tap, but nevertheless very entertaining in its own right.
July 24, 2013
kool movie
funny must watch.
July 18, 2013
Very boring!!! Didn't even make it through the first 20 mins.
July 18, 2013
who want this bull even if its free
½ July 17, 2013
very good musical and comedy movie.
July 15, 2013
Another gem from Guest, this one has real heart.