Mike's New Car - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mike's New Car Reviews

deano
January 2, 2008
Two Monsters, Inc. stars, Mike and Sulley, in an animated short film is quite funny, especially the ending is hilarious where they enter into a six-wheel-drive car that's loaded with gadgets. Perfect!
½ July 7, 2009
This is a clever short movie that strikes me as something of a deleted scene from Monsters, Inc., into which this short movie would have fit quite nicely, especially clocking in at a whopping three and a half minutes. It's an interesting illustration of the dangers of upgrading to these high tech new cars available today, especially if you are just a regular guy like Mike. It's pretty funny to see Mike and Sulley struggle to figure out the new car, especially when Sulley gets all fascinated by the power seats, quickly annoying Mike, who seconds earlier couldn't wait to show him all the new gadgets in his fancy new car. This is a cute movie, but it is not up to the level of other great movies from Pixar, like Geri's Game or For the Birds.
December 4, 2012
Mike's New Car is a funny short. Not the best. But funny. GRADE:B+
January 2, 2012
A decent little short based on Monsters, Inc. featuring Mike and Sully as Mike shows off his new car and it goes disastrously wrong. It is pretty much just a short in which the comedy comes from the slapstick. It isn't bad, it just isn't as sharp or witty as some other Pixar stuff. As simple slapstick cartoons go, this is definitely of quality.
½ June 2, 2009
Haha! Watching Sully try to fit in the car was priceless. Very funny Pixar short. It was also nice to see some familiar characters in these short films...
August 27, 2015
They need to make a TV Show
½ August 2, 2014
Too bad it's not a real movie.
July 1, 2014
Great short film to Monsters Inc is fun for everybody. Ages 3+
½ September 11, 2013
Really funny it's when mike gets caught in the engine 96%
August 10, 2013
This is my favorite animated short. Hilarious!
½ April 24, 2013
It's nice to see certain characters from Pixar films in new situations and that is true of the Monsters Inc gang. Mike's New Car is a worthy addition to the canon.
April 3, 2013
Very Funny but for Kids, My 3 years nephew watches it 10 times a day
March 27, 2013
My favorite short movie ever to date! I hope they do a short too for Monsters University.
November 24, 2012
Mike's New Car adds an extra few minutes of hilarity to Monsters Inc.
December 4, 2012
Mike's New Car is a funny short. Not the best. But funny. GRADE:B+
October 7, 2012
wow... cant believe this is on here...
June 15, 2012
A true Pixar short!!!
½ April 23, 2012
Kind of dumb. I watch Monster's Inc. and then go to this. What a disaster. 2.5/5
February 28, 2012
A funny short that always makes me laugh
January 2, 2012