Milius - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Milius Reviews

½ September 8, 2016
Despite the fact I know all the films in this documentary he is associated with, I'd never actually taken note of his name before, so I was offered some good insight into the man and his impact in some very well known and very successful films others usually take all the credit for.
March 13, 2016
Hienoa dokkari hollywoodin parhaimman ohjaajasukupolven kiistanalaisimmasta elokuvantekijästä.
½ October 15, 2015
One of my new favorite documentaries. Great Director and storyteller!
September 17, 2015
I was not aware of this guy and he was a prick by most people's accounts but he did have great influence in changing the style of movies being made. If you are interested in movies this documentary should be watched.
August 24, 2015
Algo despierta en mi cuando veo esto.
August 9, 2015
A fantastic look at a larger than life character with interviews from some of the biggest names on the planet.
½ July 15, 2015
Very fascinating doc about one of the most memorable figures in Hollywood history, and one of the most talented writers, the man who wrote the USS Indianapolis speech in Jaws as well as Apocalypse Now Dirty Harry and many others, they get so many big names to speak in this doc-Spielberg, Scorsese, Coppola, Zemeckis, Mann, Walter Murch Sam Elliot and many others, very interesting stuff about the making of his movies, I highly recommend for fans of movies about making movies
July 3, 2015
A fascinating portrayal of a major influential Hollywood figure and maverick.
May 24, 2015
Brilliant documentary, I didn't know that this man was involved in so many of my favourite films.
½ April 30, 2015
A fascinating look inside the life of a fascinating Hollywood bad boy. This is both a brilliantly put together documentary, and a visceral look inside the Hollywood machine. I loved this movie for the sure-handed editing and passionate devotion to the hard facts. John Milius is officially the most fascinating man in Hollywood.
April 10, 2015
As comprehensive a documentary that is ever likely to be made about writer/director John Milius. From his time at USC, where classmates included Speilberg and Lucas, up to his stroke and continual recovery. This documentary covers every stage of his career and presents many of the myth making stories that surrounded him, whilst acknowledging that there is a great deal of salt to be had with each tall tale.
February 2, 2015
Immensely satisfying. A feast of new information, stories and insight. It's fantastic to see Milius get his long overdue credit.
December 4, 2014
Fucking great. Really intriguing, really moving human story about a very talented man.
October 19, 2014
Interesting doc on an interesting writer and director.
½ October 5, 2014
Interesting doco about the man behind many great diatribes in films of the 70's, a forgotten scriptwriting genius. Not many amazing revelations, but gives another insight into the golden age of American cinema.
August 11, 2014
Great documentary about a truly talented man who gets very little credit for his contributions to modern cinema. I had no idea that Milius' influence was felt in some of the greatest films of all time - from Jaws to Star Wars and beyond.
July 15, 2014
Very entertaining and informative. I did not realize how many great movies he was involved in. An amazingly talented writer!
I now have to watch a bunch of his movies I missed!
½ July 14, 2014
A great writer, a so-so director and a brilliant man. Some big time names share their thoughts on a "300 hundred pound gorilla" of Hollywood. Really enjoyed this.
July 9, 2014
A fascinating documentary about an incredibly controversial man, 'Milius' delves into the rise and fall of a screenwriting genius.
½ July 8, 2014
Great writer! great film mind.