Millennium - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Millennium Reviews

October 27, 2016
Interested sci-fi which is a little ragged around its edges, but carries off a strangely alluring time-travel fantasy.
½ May 8, 2016
Soooo bad, cheesy, ridiculous. Great schlock.
February 26, 2016
John Varley's superior time travel novel gets muddled in translation to the big screen, largely due to a screenplay that takes too many shortcuts and a low budget. If any movie deserves a proper reboot, this is it. Recommended only for fans of John Varley and cheesy 80s SF.
February 23, 2016
I know that the special effects are cheesy compared to todays, but the storyline is great. I wish they would re-make this movie with modern standards--there are not enough great time-travel movies out there.
½ April 18, 2015
Very underrated TV series,very bad movie.
September 16, 2014
Entertaining yet daft!
August 11, 2014
Kris Kristofferson? Time-hoppers from the future?? Abducting a plane??? Awesome.
June 15, 2014
Everyone in my family has different tastes, but we all like this movie.
½ January 29, 2014
Cheryl Ladd -- beautiful. Cool idea really craters towards the end -- a shame.
April 23, 2013
IMHO: This is one of the best time travel movies of all time. The acting is a little lacking, but the writing more than makes up for it. Bought it to share with the hubster cause he's never seen it
March 7, 2013
NTSB investigator "Bill Smith" (Kris Kristofferson) is investigation a mid-air collision and comes across an unusual flight attendant (Cheryl Ladd) a number of time. They eventually spend the night together in his hotel room.

The next day, "Smith" finds a strange item in the wreckage of one of the down jet liners and accidentally shoots himself with it, causing him to become momentarily paralyzed. As he lays on the floor, what can be described as a gateway appears near him and three women, including the flight attendant with a very different hairdo. She takes the item, and assures him that they had nothing to do with the crash.

It turns out she, "Louise Baltimore", is from the future. She leads a team of time travelers who is trying to repopulate the world in the distant future. They must be covert in their operation, as they might cause a paradox which will change the course of history.

What makes this movie pretty interesting is we get to part of the story from two different point of views. We first see what happens through the eyes of "Smith", followed by the POV of "Baltimore". These scenes are done in just about the same way each time, with exception of who the camera is focused on.

The "future" set is certainly lower budget than the "present". What makes it eerie though is the dim lighting and use of greys and blacks. The special effects are also fairly low budget, especially the make-up of the characters in the "future." One of the characters make-up is so bad, it looks like he's wearing a grey rubber suit.

Some of the lines are pretty weak, but are meant for a laugh. You do get a small chuckle out of these lines.

There is little chemistry between the cast, and the characters are not developed well except for "Smith" and "Baltimore". Kristofferson and Ladd have only fair chemistry. The two are suppose to fall for one another, but they barely work that plotline.

The music in this film are typical for the time frame this film was released. And none of it is really memorable.

The wardrobes in this film is pretty boring, especially the clothing from the "future."

Personally, I suggest that when you see this on HBO or another movie channel and there is nothing else to watch, you might want to try filling time with this film.
½ December 11, 2012
Not bad, pretty interesting stuff,completely overlooked. The special effects are pretty good. Reminds me of the old sci fi movies of the late 60's, early 70's.Pretty cool time travel film.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
November 8, 2012
I enjoyed it immensely! I love Time Travel SF and this was unexpectedly good.

Good writing ... great actors and a plot that I found very stimulating.

Cheryl Ladd and Kris were fine. Well worth viewing.
November 5, 2012
The makers of this film should apologize. The story's dialog foretells the consequences of a temporal paradox, but when such were created, the predicted consequences did not occur. The "Back to the Future" trilogy and Dennis Quaid's "Frequency" did a better (if still imperfect) job of handling them.
½ August 20, 2012
I wish I could create a time paradox and stop myself from watching past the first 15 minutes of this movie. Once Cheryl Ladd shows up in her punk hairstyle and suped-up mechanic's overalls, the movie takes a quantum leap towards garish sentimentality, wrapped in time-travel tackiness which concludes with one of the cheesiest endings I have ever seen!
August 16, 2012
This wasnt bad once it got into it and completley changed the whole tone of the movie which was sort of a surprise but I knew something weird was going on, so it ended up being better then I thought and the second half is pretty funny. I found Kris Kristofferson very annoying in this and he looked like a hobo.
½ August 11, 2012
Creative and wacky but convoluted scifi yarn starring the poor man's Jeff Bridges.
½ July 18, 2012
Sci-fi B-movie that is very 80s in costume design but is fairly interesting with a decent time travel story. Unfortunately the ending is rushed and suffers from some missteps in logic. But then again, time travel isn't very logical...yet.
½ June 30, 2012
Is "Millennium" one of those so-bad-it's-good movies or is there something in it that makes it worth watching?
I actually think it's got some very interesting ideas for a time travel story. I was intrigued by some of the plot's occurrances. The recovery of a futuristic weapon from an airliner collision. Found watches that are running backwards. All neat things that are mostly unsatisfying because we are forced to follow the corny love story between the stiff Kris Kristofferson and the perky but miscast Cheryl Ladd.
I saw this a few weeks ago and the only things I can really remember is how freaky the android looked and how sharp Ladd was in a stewardess uniform. That doesn't speak much for the story itself.