Millions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Millions Reviews

½ August 6, 2017
I have never before seen a movie so bad. There are lots of scenes that just shouldn't be there. I give it 1/2 star just because I didn't fall asleep.
January 20, 2017
Nice heart-warming family Christmas story that is worth watching
½ December 30, 2016
Wicked fast and emotionally focused, this film does have many moments in the story that lack explanation, but it provides a wonderful show of visual direction and remarkable actors.
½ December 17, 2016
Despite its good intentions it is a very dry movie that is hard to watch without getting bored. I wanted to like it more than I did, but it's just too dull. (First and only viewing - Late Spring 2005 in theaters)
December 17, 2016
loved it, scary scene with robber in the boy's closet...
½ June 19, 2016
This movie really sucks, and it's inappropriate for children to be exposed to such superstitious nonsense presented as serious subject matter.
March 25, 2016
The film is a 6.5/10. Very simple comedy told in an Irish fashion. Certainly not Hollywood, which is often a good thing. Honest and to the point, the plot sends a positive message about charity to children and adults alike. Some scenes reflecting on the young protagonist's deceased mother, are real tear-jerkers. Family viewing recommended.
½ January 24, 2016
There's a few films I remember from my childhood as being particularly memorable for one reason or another. Jumanji scared the bejesus out of 4 year old me and I still remember sneaking downstairs to watch While You Were Sleeping, only to discover it was a gross romance. Millions sticks out like a sore thumb for a different reason. One of our final rentals from the local movie store before those went defunct, Millions utterly disturbed me as a child. The movie is oddly mature for a PG film, with undertones that confused me and had no business being in a children's film. Not to mention, the story and execution of this film is absolutely bonkers. The plot is basically a demented ride where two bratty kids decide what to do with a ton of money they essentially stole while a number of dysfunctional things occur around them. The result is a scatter brained, adult-y mess of a movie that is confusing and concerning at the same time. Don't take your kids or yourself, you will certainly regret it.
December 29, 2015
Quite good for Danny Boyle, who's films, apart from Trainspotting, I've found to be pretty bad. I don't think he's done such a family friendly film before. My mum loved it.
December 13, 2015
Finally got around to watching this one which has been on my radar since it came out, and I enjoyed it. The film is an entertaining fantasy/morality tale with lots of style courtesy of director Danny Boyle. Worth checking out!
½ November 17, 2015
millions is the worst film I have ever seen and with the worst and most unrealistic endings acting was an out rage
August 31, 2015
A little slow to grab me but once it did I was hooked! Alex Etel is superb; without him, this film wouldn't be half as good...he is charming, funny and incredibly cute. A beautiful film that will tug at your heartstrings.
August 18, 2015
O filme inteiro é contado a partir da visão das crianças e o resultado é muito bom - também graças aos dois jovens protagonistas.
July 29, 2015
A warm feeling runs through this feel good story and boy do these kids deliver great performances.
May 22, 2015
Amusing and entertaining if not a bit too light and tidy.
½ November 10, 2014
Probably the weirdest film I've ever seen in my life.
September 19, 2014
weirdness. . but with a good message!
September 8, 2014
I knew nothing about this movie going into it, which is perhaps why I liked it this much. I thought it portrayed 2 human sides: selfishness and selflessness. The younger brother left me wanting to be a better person, whereas the older brother showed what I feel most people would want to do when they come across a lot of money. Overall it was a good story, filmed creatively, and had a nice soundtrack. I would recommend it to most people.
August 23, 2014
In just seven days' time Britain converts to the Euro. It's the biggest opportunity the criminal world has ever had. When a railway heist goes wrong and an enormous bag of money falls from the sky into the hands of Damian and Anthony, there's only one thing to do--spend it like there's no tomorrow.