Millions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Millions Reviews

½ June 19, 2016
This movie really sucks, and it's inappropriate for children to be exposed to such superstitious nonsense presented as serious subject matter.
March 25, 2016
The film is a 6.5/10. Very simple comedy told in an Irish fashion. Certainly not Hollywood, which is often a good thing. Honest and to the point, the plot sends a positive message about charity to children and adults alike. Some scenes reflecting on the young protagonist's deceased mother, are real tear-jerkers. Family viewing recommended.
½ January 24, 2016
There's a few films I remember from my childhood as being particularly memorable for one reason or another. Jumanji scared the bejesus out of 4 year old me and I still remember sneaking downstairs to watch While You Were Sleeping, only to discover it was a gross romance. Millions sticks out like a sore thumb for a different reason. One of our final rentals from the local movie store before those went defunct, Millions utterly disturbed me as a child. The movie is oddly mature for a PG film, with undertones that confused me and had no business being in a children's film. Not to mention, the story and execution of this film is absolutely bonkers. The plot is basically a demented ride where two bratty kids decide what to do with a ton of money they essentially stole while a number of dysfunctional things occur around them. The result is a scatter brained, adult-y mess of a movie that is confusing and concerning at the same time. Don't take your kids or yourself, you will certainly regret it.
December 29, 2015
Quite good for Danny Boyle, who's films, apart from Trainspotting, I've found to be pretty bad. I don't think he's done such a family friendly film before. My mum loved it.
December 13, 2015
Finally got around to watching this one which has been on my radar since it came out, and I enjoyed it. The film is an entertaining fantasy/morality tale with lots of style courtesy of director Danny Boyle. Worth checking out!
½ November 17, 2015
millions is the worst film I have ever seen and with the worst and most unrealistic endings acting was an out rage
August 31, 2015
A little slow to grab me but once it did I was hooked! Alex Etel is superb; without him, this film wouldn't be half as good...he is charming, funny and incredibly cute. A beautiful film that will tug at your heartstrings.
August 18, 2015
O filme inteiro é contado a partir da visão das crianças e o resultado é muito bom - também graças aos dois jovens protagonistas.
July 29, 2015
A warm feeling runs through this feel good story and boy do these kids deliver great performances.
May 22, 2015
Amusing and entertaining if not a bit too light and tidy.
½ November 10, 2014
Probably the weirdest film I've ever seen in my life.
September 19, 2014
weirdness. . but with a good message!
September 8, 2014
I knew nothing about this movie going into it, which is perhaps why I liked it this much. I thought it portrayed 2 human sides: selfishness and selflessness. The younger brother left me wanting to be a better person, whereas the older brother showed what I feel most people would want to do when they come across a lot of money. Overall it was a good story, filmed creatively, and had a nice soundtrack. I would recommend it to most people.
August 23, 2014
In just seven days' time Britain converts to the Euro. It's the biggest opportunity the criminal world has ever had. When a railway heist goes wrong and an enormous bag of money falls from the sky into the hands of Damian and Anthony, there's only one thing to do--spend it like there's no tomorrow.
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - Late Spring 2005 in theaters)
½ April 11, 2014
Must have watched this *ages ago but I remember liking it and I read the book!
March 18, 2014
Sweet and touching, whimsical and bright-spirited, Millions is the story of two English brothers who encounter a huge bag full of money, 265,000 euros in all. Each has a different idea about how to spend it. Damian, the younger, just wants to do good, such as treating a crowd of homeless to lunch at Pizza Hut and stuffing wads through the front mail slot of a house of Mormon missionaries. (What they do with the money is hilarious). Anthony, the elder, sees the money as salve for hurts received in a tempestuous new environment using it to buy friends and merchandise. They try to spend as much of it as they can before England switches to the Euro and their bag becomes filled with just so much worthless paper. Together they discover just how hard this can be for two small children in an adult world where money is all-important. Damian, at 7, knows his saints the way other boys know Manchester United. In fact, he's fortunate enough to have his own personal visions. ("Clare of Assisi, 1194 until 1253!") The saints come to him wearing halos ("The Ugandan Martyrs of 1881!") as he seeks his most important saint of all. "Do you ever come across a St. Maureen?" he asks Clare. "She hasn't been there long." Anthony, being the realist, thinks his brother slightly loony. But he seeks St. Maureen too, without completely realizing it. Don't worry about the saints. They're Boyle's hook and have their place. The final sequence might be a stretch for some folks. But Boyle's film in all other respects works perfectly, so why not shoot for the moon? I think it ended the only way it could. Highly recommended for all but the youngest children and prudish adults.
½ March 8, 2014
Millions may seem like an interesting movie, but it suffers tremendously from an awkward quirkiness and inconsistent filming that leave the movie feeling incoherent.
February 23, 2014
A colourful adventure of a prodigy's insight in faith patronaged by his Ssints and Martyrs set on England's suburb. Well composed background theme constructs the dynamic mood conformly. Must see family flick.