Mimino Reviews

• Jan 03, 2019

A Russian friend of mine suggested this film to me, saying it is a touching drama but when I looked it up it was marked as a comedy, so what is it? A bit of a weird mix if you ask me. There are some nice scenes that indeed made me laugh, with some sadness hidden behind some other moments. The camerawork is terrible, but we cannot expect too much from the 70s Russia I guess. I probably had to be Russian too to understand a bit more of the story behind the story, but over all an interesting movie.

• Mar 27, 2018

Feel-good Soviet movie about friendship and true relationships. This comedy is of course considerably idealized as is other 90% of Soviet cinema but still has its soul.

• Jun 14, 2013

Great "russian" comedy. You'll feel sadness behind a smile

Great "russian" comedy. You'll feel sadness behind a smile

• Jul 06, 2012

it's the evergreen movie! That is the real truth 8)

it's the evergreen movie! That is the real truth 8)

• Feb 20, 2010

One of the best comedies I've seen out of Soviet Georgia!

One of the best comedies I've seen out of Soviet Georgia!

• Feb 20, 2010

It was pretty funny, but I found that I was mostly laughing at the movie rather than with it. I think I found where Borat got it's inspiration.

• Feb 20, 2010

HA! This is funnier than most comedies made in America today by a long shot. Who would have expected to laugh with this rather than at it? What a pleasant surprise.