Mind the Gap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mind the Gap Reviews

December 2, 2012
In my top 5 of all time
½ May 14, 2011
yeah this is moldy oldie, but a lovely dramatic look at gritty slices of the lives of some unrelated people who have this weird way of crossing paths. inde drama all the way. great music by jill sobule (who starred in it) and kirshna das.
April 5, 2009
Well, I did enjoy the stories of the people, but thought it was very annoying that they had to show the Mexican man dancing with a mannequin which really had nothing to do with it. The depressing stories really brought meaning to this movie and I almost started crying when John almost killed himself. The most interesting one had to be Malissa's.
December 16, 2008
Excellently nuanced indie movie about the way people's lives intersect and affect each other.
October 31, 2008
Great. Better than the average 'intersecting stories' movie. "If the small dreams can't come true, how will he ever believe in the big ones?" Although the line "There's more to life than music" made me REALLY sad! haha :)
September 7, 2008
I loved following all the different stories and seeing them all connect in the end. The choice of actors in this was perfect!
March 8, 2008
This is another film that I produced, and also directed the 2nd unit. The film explores the interrelated fates of five separate people whose paths cross in the final minutes of the film. Some have drawn comparisons to Crash (the Paul Haggis film that came out the following year, not the David Cronenberg film of the same name) or Magnolia for its structure, but a closer match might be Short Cuts. A great cast for such a tiny film, including Alan King, John Heard, Kim Raver, Vera Farmiga, writer/director Eric Schaeffer, Mina Badie, and the always wonderful Elizabeth Reaser.
February 29, 2008
Title says it all. An excellent movie.
½ January 28, 2008
I would say this is a ripoff of Crash, if it wasn't for the fact that both films were made in the same year. This film has its own merit, but I definitely prefer Crash better, as the meeting up of character storylines seems less contrived there than with this film.
½ January 9, 2008
a little confusing at first but gets better as you go on.
November 23, 2007
Its so sad, its like the quintessence of life, all the disappointment and terror of life wrapped up into 1 package
November 16, 2007
I'd only watched it initially because Jill Sobule, my all time fave singer, was in it. Then I really got sucked in to the bittersweet stories.
November 14, 2007
Quite a surrealism visual language.
½ November 14, 2007
artsy and different. not exactly what i expected but did blow my mind in the end. a must see for all those who think we do not have free will
November 12, 2007
Truly a beautiful movie!
October 22, 2007
one of the most originally made films i have ever seen.see it-you will love it.great story.
October 19, 2007
I saw this movie because I had heard amazing things about it' and man was I dissapointed... wierd movie, twisted charecters, farelly depressing
September 16, 2007
Beautiful! Had never heard of this movie and just happened to turn it on. Glad I did. A gentle and unassuming little piece of genius. It left me feeling calm and contemplative. And I have to get that sound track!
½ September 16, 2007
i just saw this on showtime, and surprisingly i liked it! its just about 5 people and their lives and ups and downs. see it if you can!
½ September 13, 2007
Really interesting and moving film with unique characters and backstories.