Mindwarp - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mindwarp Reviews

½ January 12, 2010
you gotta take this movie for what it is a gorey 80's brucecambell horror/action movie keep that in mind and you'll like this move. that being said it does drag on and if your not a fan of bad horror you'll find yourself hating the campiness of it but compared to other cambell films its pretty okay
December 2, 2009
overall just a pretty boring movie. You would expect more from Bruce Campbell, but I think they didn't let him show his true talent. The movie seemed short and didn't make much sense at all. Over a period of time you start to understand it, yet you don't want to. I just really wish there was more of a story line here and more entertainment than what it had.
November 20, 2009
Pretty lame...a couple cool scenes...but mostly lame. Sci/Fi Channel caliber.
November 16, 2009
Oh how I love to be watching in a chair
"Plugged-in" leaves me with out a care
But when Judy refuses
Her daddy abuses
And Bruce Campbell is there to add flair!
½ October 26, 2009
Another classic featuring Bruce Campbell
½ October 23, 2009
Generally lame sci-fi movie, not very original at all. The special effects are not very impressive, nor is the acting. It is already dated. Just another rip-off film.
August 14, 2009
It's a typical Bruce Campbell movie, campy and low budget. The special effects are cheese even for 1992
½ August 9, 2009
The 2nd half of the film was actually good. This would be attributed to the fact that the first act was literally the first half of the film.

I love seeing the 50s-style fantasy applied to late 80s- early 90s virtual world takeover hysteria. Kudos.
½ July 19, 2009
Sufficiently creeped out. I see where more modern movies got their horror movie influences. It was worth watching to see Bruce Campbell.
½ June 3, 2009
B-movie wonder. This is one of the most bizarre, disgusting, nonsensical films I have ever seen, and I love it. Think the Matrix meets the most grotesque cannibal movie you can think of. This is not the usual Bruce Campbell fare-- in fact I barely recognized him, as there is none of his usual wit or silliness. The whole movie is like an extraordinarily bad dream, and the visuals got under my skin.
March 1, 2009
There are some films that you secretly love!
January 25, 2009
The Matrix meets Tales from the Darkside.
½ December 30, 2008
Pretty Shitty, but funny
½ December 2, 2008
B movie. Very bad acting and horrible special effects. The ending is a cop-out also.
½ November 23, 2008
Mindwarp is an interesting film in the vain of Def-Con 4 about a young woman (Marta Alicia in her first and last movie role) whose futuristic world consists of spending her life hooked up to a machine that distorts reality and fleshes out her fantasies. She becomes fed up with it and fights with the system in order to experience the real world. Unfortunately, the real world happens to be a post-apocalyptic hell hole where Bruce Campbell (in a fun role) seems to be the only human left that nails her within minutes and are fighting off cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers (yeah, basically ChUDs) who are led by the prophetic and insane Angus Scrimm (also in a fun role). The last half of the movie is JUST like watching The Hills Have Eyes 2 basically. The film begins to end in a very unpredictable and insane way, but then goes back on the hackneyed path and ends just as I expected it to end, which was a slight bummer (especially since I was enjoying the direction it was going in). Not a bad film at all. Yeah, it was made in 1992, but it had 80's cheese written ALL over it, plus we get to see some early (and fun) special effects by a young KNB Effects team. Good stuff.
November 16, 2008
An entertaining post-appocyplic film that stars the great Bruce Campbell. With an original concept, great gore, and fantastic zombie, this is worth your time. If Bruce was in the film more, I'd think this would be worthy of owning. I'm dead serious. "Hail to the King!"
366weirdmovies
November 14, 2008
A headstrong young girl seeking "real experiences" gets what she asked for when she is exiled from a safe society where everyone spends the bulk of their lives hooked into virtual reality pleasure machines, and is forced to fend for herself on a post-nuclear surface world filled with cannibal mutants. Fast-moving and surprisingly thoughtful; would have been better if co-star Bruce Campbell's charisma had been put to better use.
November 9, 2008
I give it a three for the fact that the idea was good and a bit ahead of it's time. Also it had Bruce Campbell so there is another bonus. If the movie was made now i think it could be good.
November 2, 2008
Mindwarp indeed. One star for the projectile blood spewing and subsequent leach vomiting. A half star for the slapping of the open hand wound and for when everyone drinks Claude. A final half star for the uber-whiny, eye-rolling leading lady.