Loose Cannons (Mine Vaganti) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Loose Cannons (Mine Vaganti) Reviews

October 13, 2012
Beautifully filmed tale of an Italian family coming to terms with reality. Filled with the amusing pitfalls of an Italian matriarchy, the family makes it through the bumpy ride, resolves the situation like only an Italian family can and settles back into normalcy-until the next crisis hits. Could have done without some of the camp intermezzos, but hey, who's complaining. Some fine acting and great photography never allow you to lose touch with the characters.
½ October 11, 2012
Incredible, remarkable! Sweet and ironic comedy! Unexpected ending but a very good film. I loved the script and performances. A good choice!
½ October 8, 2012
A serious comedy, or a very nicely played family drama with comic episodes, something like that. Addresses the problems of coming out in a reactionary, macho culture, without any heaviness. We enjoyed it. Some of the reviews on IMDB take it all very seriously indeed1
½ September 30, 2012
Lovely views of a southern Italian town, peppered with good food and hearty familial ties make this a charming, enjoyable experience. I really liked the opening & ending sequences with the family matriarch.
½ September 30, 2012
a dysfunctional, traditional southern italian family in the pasta-making business... laced with the themes of acceptance and following one's heart.
September 24, 2012
Humourous and touching film that is going in my favorite memory list.
½ September 21, 2012
Well made, but feels like a poor version of a Shakespearean comedy.
September 7, 2012
Warm, touching, and uproariously funny, this Italian comedy is one of the best films I've seen in ages. The script is impeccable, cinematography exquisite, and acting divine.
August 12, 2012
very average. not embracing it cos it didn't really probe deep enough for it to be a good drama, and it wasn't that much a barrel of laughs to be a very enjoyable comedy. honestly, i wasn't moved much nor completely engaged by the story.
but wow wow wee, nicole grimaudo! 'alba' was an absolute eye candy.
July 15, 2012
Definately entertaining !!
July 7, 2012
Would be a 4/5 but for the last 2 minutes.
June 30, 2012
Sometimes a movie deeply speaks to you in all the most important spots and this movie did this for me. To me, there is so much in this film about relationships, love, life, family, dreams and happiness. This is much more than a gay comedy though it is that too but it is a movie that celebrates the good and the bad all together and shows it all to be worthwhile failures, successes and all. My favourite line, which speaks to the main underlying theme, is "an impossible love never leaves you, it stays with you for life" which is okay as the film will show you. I would highly recommend it but not everyone seems to like it so try it and maybe you'll like it. I loved it.
June 11, 2012
Excelente comedia con toques de tragedia. Me encanta el cine italiano y esta precisamente no te defrauda. Una historia bien contada en la que cada escena, cada detalle es relevante. Te deja muy buenos mensajes, buena para todos aquellos que escarmentan en cabeza ajena. 100% recomendada.
March 26, 2012
Tough poorly acted and not closely Ozpetek's best work, there are some nice moments and an interesting storyline. Usually both his directing and his scriptwriting are on a far superior level, but he redeems himself in the last five minutes.
½ February 28, 2012
Very nice european comedy...Very good cinematography !
½ February 24, 2012
Hilarious Italian comedy.
½ December 16, 2011
Un reparto guapo, un color maravillosos y una historia sobre vivir la vida con toques divertidos hacen de esta una entretenida película.
December 11, 2011
Muzikleriyle, goruntuleriyle, sicacik, insani icine ceken bir film. Ben cok sevdim
December 9, 2011
It's beautifully shot and has a fine cast. But the story is too self-absorbed at times. It doesn't give it's self a chance to unfold. But overall it's a beautiful movie!