Mini's First Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mini's First Time Reviews

July 13, 2014
This movie has the look and feel of a "better" class B, straight-to-DVD, film. And, it did go to DVD in 6 mos.; after a limited theatre release. It is "better", due to the acting skills of Alec Baldwin and Carrie Ann Moss. The cinematography is also pretty good. The title is a misnomer. This movie has nothing to do with her sexual "first time". When the film opens, high schooler Mini is clearly an experienced, sexual veteran. The lead is Minerva, aka Mini (Nikki Reed). Ms Reed appeared in THIRTEEN; also as a sexy bad girl, as she does here. She was 16 when she performed in THIRTEEN. She was 18 when this movie was made. This movie appears to have been written to capitalize on the limited success of THIRTEEN. And, therefor, also as a vehicle for Ms Reed to star in.

Ms Reed was a co-writer on THIRTEEN. Here she plays virtually the same character. She appears to have intimate, personal knowledge of the life style of a teenage, "bad girl". Ms Reed's acting skills seem to be seriously limited. She has one basic expression thru out this movie.

This is a movie to skip. Baldwin & Moss carry most of the water. But, their efforts aren't enough to justify watching this flic.
October 22, 2013
I really loved this movie. It was a little twisted but it was a good movie. To understand what I am talking about you need to watch it. But I promise you, chances are u will enjoy it.
June 5, 2013
Floja y con un argumento predecible. El final se ve venir desde que va mediando la cinta. Se rescata la sensualidad que la protagonista le impregna a su papel. 1 estrella.
May 2, 2013
I'm officially a Carrie Anne Moss fan, she is brilliant in this movie! I shouldn't like this movie, but I do. This movie is too messed up.
½ November 6, 2010
another watchable getting-away-with-murder/infidelity thriller that amps up the unease and the uncomfortable
Nikki Reed plays a daughter who has her first sexual encounter with her stepfather by Alec Baldwin by mistake and suddenly things start getting out of hand
the both of them devise a scheme to get rid of the cheating, addictive drunken mother for good to have a life of their own
no remorse is shown and the relationship between the two borders on incestuous and cruel
the performances are cold and very hard-hitting which makes the plot more nervewracking to watch
the evidence starts pouring on when Luke Wilson begins to investigate and a series of betrayals, lies, cons and deceit begin tearing the two leads apart and pitting them against one another
I love the love/hate relationship despite being repulsive
the lighting of the shots is colorful to look at, the comedy makes you laugh, the twist at the end is 'omg' and the dirty tone may be unsettling but it works for the degree of the movie
this kind of black comedy sends a shiver down your spine and has you in the dark for a while
November 16, 2012
...so this is the path Mr. Baldwin was stumbling down just before 30 Rock. I feel like I peeked in his underwear drawer or something... : /
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
December 2, 2012
Its a decent movie. Nikki Reed always seems to know how to play the troubled teenager.
October 26, 2012
I,really liked it allot!! I,thought it was gr8t!!
½ August 16, 2009
August 16th 2009
July 10th 2012
July 7, 2012
dont u get it?!?! im not interested!!!!!.......... these new movies suck................
June 6, 2012
I really enjoyed the movie. It was a stark change from the normal.
June 3, 2012
i love this movie, its my faviorte Nikki Reed movie.... but how do i add it to my collection or whatever? so i can watch it.
February 23, 2012
This movie has an interesting story of seduction, murder and deceit. It has solid performances from Alec Baldwin and Carrie Anne Moss. Nikki Reed played the young girl who orchestrates the whole plot of the movie. Nikki had a few weak moments in her performance, but overall she was good.
February 8, 2012
why actor like Alec Baldwin is wasting his talent in such movies>?
½ February 1, 2012
The acting was good and I was laughing through out. Not sure if it was meant to be a comedy or anything but I had a good time watching it.
January 28, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised, it's a fun, brainless, very predictable comedy. Jeff Goldblum is awesome.
½ September 3, 2011
A good movie about a conniving evil little bitch.
September 5, 2011
I'm just not interested, nothing else to say.
½ January 20, 2008
Very dark little story - I didn't expect too much from it, so I was pleasantly surprised. The plot is a little silly - a young teenage girl (Nikki Reed) gets her kicks by daring herself to do things (hence the "first" in the title). In this case it is prostitution, followed by sleeping with her stepfather (Alec Baldwin).
I personally am not the biggest fan of Nikki Reed on screen - I am sure she is a lovely person, but she's hard faced and she looks older than the characters she is playing (generally).
In this case, though, it kind of works because Mini is totally unredeemable. She is not a nice girl, and she does not have any revelation by the end that makes her change her ways. Yeah, you get that her mum had issues and she didn't have the most loving upbringing,but this girl is borderline psycho!
Enjoyable film if you don't pick at the flaws too much!