Minyeo-neun goerowo (200 Pounds Beauty) Reviews

• Dec 06, 2017

Interesting commentary on how people treat each other and act to each other based on looks...

• Mar 28, 2017

can't remember this movie that we'll so just putting it right in the middle

can't remember this movie that we'll so just putting it right in the middle

• Sep 03, 2015

Tries to address the South Korean culture wide obsession with plastic surgery, but end ups skirting the issue. It also has "Shallow Hal" problems with trying to humanize a fat protagonist while trying to be funny. Also the main male love interest is a dick and very uninteresting as well, so a large portion of the movie is setting up a couple I had no interest in seeing together. Has some light, fun parts, but all of the above problems get in the way and drag the movie down.

• Jun 10, 2015

Very very funny and moving ??

Very very funny and moving ??

• May 11, 2015

Cheesy Hollywood-style rom-com...too stupid, but it's funny.

Cheesy Hollywood-style rom-com...too stupid, but it's funny.

• May 01, 2015

Its message --although we've seen it before in films like 'The Nutty Professor' movies-- is still strong and gut-punching. But '200 Pounds Beauty' is not a depressing movie, although it does start off as mean-spirited. It actually has a lot of laughs to fill you with joy.

• Jan 19, 2015

It still perpetuate the social norm that hurt. Love the soundtracks though.

It still perpetuate the social norm that hurt. Love the soundtracks though.

• Jan 18, 2015

This movie is funny, yet at the same time meaningful and emotional. It's a really good movie. The plot was kind of trite, but the emotions weren't. Touching on the subject of beauty in such an appearance-oriented society, it's about a talented young lady, who in society's eyes wasn't "beautiful" enough. She, although amazingly talented, couldn't be anything more than mediocre because of her looks--an unfair, but horrifyingly real problem people have in a society like South Korea. She's pushed because of the pressure to look beautiful and did a head-to-toe plastic surgery. The audience gets to follow her as the story reveals her conflicted emotions about her change. While the topic is heavy, there were a lot of comedic scenes that kept the movie from being extremely depressing. Those parts really made me laugh and lifted my mood. Whether or not plastic surgery was the way to go, the movie ended up being a beautiful movie.

• Jan 08, 2015

its so awsome for romance and singing

its so awsome for romance and singing

• Dec 29, 2014

This was a good movie that made me laugh and cry. It quickly became one of my favorite Korean Films.