Miracle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miracle Reviews

½ October 16, 2017
The movie was really good and very inspiring. The scenes are very exciting at the end.
September 4, 2017
The movie miracle was very predictable. I knew it wouldn't send the first 30 minutes of the film that this is going to be a boring film. I knew also in the first 30 minutes that the US is going to win. It had no edge to it, there's no big twist. The storyline also start off slow too. Maybe this is because I knew how I was going to end but if not I No pressure that this is going to be boring. No I never like sport film for there is great for sport films out there this simply which is not one of them. That surprising either. The ending was very corny I knew exactly how it was going to end so maybe I'll say that's why I was corny to me but it wasn't this is one the worst movies that I thought would be bad. Look at that there is another thing that predictable too.
June 30, 2017
Extremely boring with poor character development. Kurt was good though.
½ June 1, 2017
A triumphant film that inspires and features a powerful performance from Kurt Russell.
March 12, 2017
Interesting and charming feel-good flick. Great performances.
½ March 8, 2017
Kurt Russell's performance is Oscar worthy. Instead of a mediocre hockey story, Disney takes us back to 1980 with awe.
November 13, 2016
Nominated for the Best Sports Movie ESPY Award, "Miracle" is inspirational movie based on true events. Director Gavin O'Connor did an amazing job at finding actors to portray the coach and the players on the hockey team. Coach Herb Brooks, played amazingly by actor Kurt Russell, is called to coach the United States olympic hockey team. Composed of only college all-stars, Herb unites them against a universal foe: the USSR's hockey team. Coached by the infamous Viktor Tikhonov, the Soviet's team is intimidating and extremely talented. Overcoming several obstacles, the US team fights their way through the Olympics in their quest for gold, but the communist Russians stand in their way.

From a filmmaking standpoint, Dan Stoloff, the cinematographer, had some very creative camera movements. For example, he attached a camera to a person on skates in the hockey game which gave an interesting perspective. Dan also had an ingenious dolly movement to show Herb's emotions in one of the locker room scenes. John Gilroy, the editor did a satisfactory job of telling the story through smooth cuts and slow motion at just the right times.

My favorite character was Jim Craig (Eddie Cahill), because I can relate to him as a goalie and he is an essential character. Although sports movies are not usually my preference, this is a must-see. Since it is based on a true story, it is more believable than other athletic-based movies. Although I would not recommend this for children, because it has a lot of foul language and some thematic elements throughout, teens and adults alike will thoroughly enjoy this classic.
September 30, 2016
Do You Believe In Miracles Yes
The story of the Miracle on Ice team in the 1980 Olympics It was The USSR vs The .USA during the Cold War
½ September 24, 2016
When times are changing. When we need to change the style of how we play. When we naturally live with constant change to realize change is good. When we are all in need of change when we are all starting to look the same. When changing is hard on all of us, that we must accept. When we enjoy change when changing is part of partying. When change is part of it when growing up. When we need to change our attitude and behaviour. When we need to change the way we dobthings, look at things, change the way we think. When we naturally see a change is needed when we are falling behind, and we see potential that needs a lot of work. When we change is part of the game, that needs changing. When no matter where we are from we are all the same team and country. When some things don't change when we are boys. When change is needed now, that we show them discipline, hard work and grinding through the bone pain that gets them the message. When we need to push ourselves for change when others don't see it. When change comes easy, when we do whatever it takes to win. When change is needed when we recruit someone whom has the experience that others dont. When changing the teams coordination, movement, strength, plans, team work, cooperation, and strategy is needed. When changing the teams heart is required.
September 10, 2016
Often remembered as a classic in the underdog sports movie genre, Miracle doesn't stand the test of time. The movie not only feels incredibly dated, but the characters are not very relatable or likeable. Things just tend to happen, people say they learn things without really growing as characters, and then it's over. Do yourself a favor, if you're in the mood for an underdog sports movie watch something like Might Ducks or Remember the Titans, you'll have a much more memorable and enjoyable experience.
½ August 9, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time. Historically accurate and captures the essence and spirit of that 1980's U.S. Olympic team perfectly. Kurt Russell's performance was spot-on and definitely one of the major highlights of the movie.
August 6, 2016
Remember when the Olympics were the Olympics? Both the Summer and Winter Games should be held in the United States every four years. Because #MURICA.
½ June 23, 2016
Very inspirational, when USA us bigger then the names on their and brings a band of brothers together. it's a great feeling
June 12, 2016
Kurt Russell is magnificent. Excellent film of an even better story.
May 22, 2016
So this is a sports movie on a true story where they play hockey but I feel like they don't play it a lot and I think the do a lot of talking and not being out there playing and I don't like this movie that's how I see it
March 21, 2016
One of All time faves
½ March 4, 2016
Not just a fine sports movie, but a sharply edited, finely tuned, highly formulaic yet entertaining, and so well-acted that it's hard to believe that it shares a list with many other sports movies. This is a great film all the way around. Also, the sound design by Elliot Koretz, and leading performance by Kurt Russell are both magical. I have little to no complaints about this wonderously inspiring little charmer.
February 9, 2016
One of the best sports stories ever told one film.
January 26, 2016
This movie was pretty much flawless, in my opinion. It shows the true story of what happened before and at the game between the USA and the USSR. Absolutely magnificent!
January 10, 2016
I don't even play/watch hockey but the symbolism of working hard to be a champion is universal.