The Miracle of the Bells - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Miracle of the Bells Reviews

November 15, 2016
Fred MacMurray is in fine form and Frank Sinatra as a priest, enough said... On Blu-ray.
½ December 25, 2015
The Miracle of the Bells

This film starts very slow gets interesting towards the end of the movie.

It is an unusual role the way we see Frank Sinatra. Not the typical role we see him portray.

I thought was cool was when Actress Olga acted as Joanna Ark for an audition and the scene went from audition in house and saying the lines to in a court scene in one room to a set with a blurry filter on right and left of screen and in focus in the center.

It was a funny event when all the churches beggin to ring their bells between 8:00 in Coal town for death of a Polish actress who dies from Turburculosous a day after film is made.
Bells played for three days attracts press agents.

Bill Donavan press agent has been renowned as a stunt pulls off stunts to attract attention to low level pictures

They did not play bells for death of Father. Wanted to be buried by father at Saint Michaels in Coal Town, Pennsylvania.

It was impressive when the angel statues moved towards to coffin. The question is do you tell of the physical explanation or that of Religious reason or not explain it at all to gain support of believers.

Believe that the amount of people coming to see funeral at Saint Michaels Church was unable to support columns that hold angels up causing the angels to turn and face body. church, plus the coal mines under the church.

When Olga was returned it has effected the town. Many have started to support Saint Michaels Church.

They decided to release the film after all publicity. The money raised from movie to start a hospital dedicated towards finding a cure for Turburculosous.
½ December 22, 2015
mis-cast, hookie & overly pious.
December 16, 2012
This is a great movie. Superb acting.
jjnxn
March 1, 2009
Hokey and over pious.
August 20, 2008
Did a great job of teaching us that our faith in God is based on false shit, but as long as we believe, that's okay.
October 17, 2007
I don't believe that many has seen this movie. Frank Sinatra has an interesting part as a preist. It's a good movie which I have always watched when I see it on.
October 2, 2007
Strange plot...but actually pretty good.
July 19, 2007