Miracle on 34th Street Reviews

• Dec 25, 2018

A curiously dull and occasionally depressing Christmas flick, Miracle On 34th Street is certainly well meaning, but feels way more like a kid's film than it should. It's not patronising or condescending, but it panders to its target audience while doing little to challenge them. Richard Attenborough makes for a great Santa: Charming, warm and full of cheer. But the supporting cast, with the possible exception of an underused Mara Wilson, never comes to life or even seem very invested in what they're doing. There's a romantic subplot that pops up now and then and is never interesting, and there's a pair of baddies who are supposed to be comic relief but are never funny. More than anything the film is just forced and forgettable. It goes on about 20 minutes too long, and has an ending which exists solely to force as many sentimentalities down our throats as possible. Definitely not a Christmas classic, and not a film I'm keen to revisit when the festive season rolls around again.

• Dec 24, 2018

A Beautiful light-hearted Christmas film that can make a believer out of a grown up

• Dec 19, 2018

it may not good as the classic.but to me its a classic retelling and a remake that succeeds.

• Dec 09, 2018

In my opinion this is the greatest Christmas movie of all time. The casting of Santa is perfect and I have never enjoyed watching a Christmas movie more. This movie is simply an embodiment of what Christmas should be! Ho Ho Ho

• Dec 05, 2018

Very sweet film, which should be watched every festive season.

Very sweet film, which should be watched every festive season.

• Nov 29, 2018

Better than the original! I was sceptical at first, but it won me over!! Mara Wilson is priceless!

• Nov 26, 2018

It's so awful... I don't know where to start. The casting of extras is a good place though, have they all come from the Norman Rockwell casting agency? The slow pace, the obvious set ups of each scene. And that's before we've even got to the acting! Pure schmaltz.... And not in a good way!

• Jun 26, 2018

Nice and cute little family movie about the meaning of christmas. Attenborough is a gem in the role of Santa Claus.

• Apr 09, 2018

Miracle on 34th Street est une preuve s'il en fallait que le John Hughes des années 90 avait totalement perdu sa faculté à écrire des films compétents. Deuxième réalisation du yes man Les Mayfield, ce conte atterrant de bêtises et de bons sentiments ne semble pas savoir à qui il s'adresse. Si la première moitié est un film pour enfants tout ce qu'il y a de plus classique, la seconde s'enterre dans un procès d'une lenteur sans nom. Les acteurs sont corrects, mais ils ne peuvent sauver un sommet d'ennui mortel.

• Apr 01, 2018

Lacks the magic from the original but it still has charm.

Lacks the magic from the original but it still has charm.