Mirrors 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mirrors 2 Reviews

March 22, 2013
Mirrors 2 was not as good as the original but sequels rarely are. For a sequel in a well known franchise this was a good movie. This movie was done as a true horror movie, whereas the first one was done as more of a psychological thriller. Max the security guard played by Nick Stahl is trying to get his life together & sees ghosts in mirrors in his Father's store. The Mayflower opens a store in the south & chaos breaks loose. What I liked here was that they do not try to out do the original, & most of the scenes are shot at night where Max is on duty engaging with the demons. The plot does have a subplot involving Max & the store which makes it more interesting than expected. Although I think the ending could have been better it is definitely left open for a sequel. Also, there are aspects of the plot that are a stretch. But for a horror sequel it is still a good movie with some plot twists & a lot of good drama. It's slow in some segments but still well acted for this genre. If sequels are half as good as the original they are considered to be a success. This one is about a third as good as the 1st one, so it is a good flic.
½ January 20, 2013
A little gorey, but still more interesting than the first one.
½ January 8, 2013
worst than mirrors and that was saying something, I didn't like it, thought it was crap, I will not watch this film ever again, crap film, it starred Nick Stahl, Lawrence Turner and Emmanuelle Vaugier
½ January 6, 2013
I did't bother to watch this - so, pah! I can only watch 1 horror film about Mirrors
½ December 19, 2012
It could be worst, it's not scary but not boring. Only for fans.
October 21, 2012
Not very good, but entertaining. But also unnecessary.
½ October 11, 2012
A direct-to-video sequel to a rather forgettable film, Mirrors 2 manages to be a better horror film than you would expect with decent death scenes and some decently creepy moments.
½ October 4, 2012
a terrible sequel to a terrible movie.
September 6, 2012
Run of the mill direct to DVD sequel, lacks any real scares
½ September 4, 2012
In all of it's mediocrity mirrors 2 fares better than it's predecessor. At least this time there's a story we can follow well enough. Even though it's completely clichà (C)d and pretty much the plot of Shutter the original and the remake with a touch of Mirrors added in. I'm not sure what divulge exactly but I guess I can say it's a ghost revenge movie. Something bad happened involving a missing girl and her spirit comes back to take revenge against the people responsible. it's all fairly generic and fright free but there are a few genuine chills and some good death sequences. The film is pretty gory with shotty cinematography and by the numbers direction. The performances from Nick Stahl slumming it and Emmanuel Vaugier are solid enough for the material and maybe a little too good for it to be honest. The film is mildly inventive as far as genre films go. It just kinda feels like you've seen this all before and it's because you have... 2.5/5
August 26, 2012
It was bad enough that they released mirrors 1 but to make another just screamed terrible
August 14, 2012
Not as good or gory as the first, fairly boring and predictable plot.
½ August 13, 2012
Classic story. Great plot and amazing characters. Very graphic with the blood and gore though. Amazing story development and kept me interested the whole time!
August 10, 2012
Quite honestly I remember so little of it that I can barely rate it at all, an instantly forgettable and massively pointless sequel.
½ August 4, 2012
Stupid sequel! Closed out all the great things from the first movie. Started out as a horror then turned into a cliche crime thriller. The people who made this didn't know what they were doing.
August 1, 2012
not very good at all and disgusting in parts of it
July 21, 2012
directed to d v d
the good
like first one will like this one,great gore kill,have decent plot
the bad
b level acting,
over all rent it as cheapie ,pay for what you get
July 19, 2012
Average film really. Wasn't exactly scary, but wasn't too bad.
½ June 27, 2012
Um, the first one was WAY better. This one honestly sucked.. After watching the first one, I set my expectations high thinking this would be even better, but I was wrong; it wasn`t worth watching.
May 13, 2012
A not too bad direct to DVD sequel. You don't need to have seen the first as it doesn't carry on any of that story line, apart from the department store.