Miss Minoes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miss Minoes Reviews

December 20, 2013
I found this on Netflix and if I liked cats I would like this movie
November 13, 2013
Miss Minoes is a charming and albeit absurd tale of a cat who becomes a woman. Its hysterical at times, but thats about all it has going for it.
October 25, 2013
adorable...very cute international flic, great for the children!
½ September 28, 2013
I'm an old lady and don't like violence, gore, and the typical American movies so I found this charming and entertaining all the way through.
½ July 11, 2013
saw it in Dutch, about 10 years ago. sweet story, pretty Disney/predictable...
June 27, 2013
I really like Carice's act in here. Her gesture is brilliant. The whole movie is enjoyable.
October 29, 2012
KIDS FIRST! Film Critic Brianna Hope Beaton (age 12) reviews the film below:
This is a very cute, entertaining and enjoyable film with lots and lots of cats.
I like this film, because it has a little humor and creativity. I love how Miss Minoes (Carice van Houten) turns from a cat into a human and still has all her cat like instincts. To me this is a very challenging role to be able to switch back and forth like that throughout the film. I really start to enjoy this film when Miss Minoes become friends with the humans and see how she is communicating and reacting to them. This is really cool. I like how most of the background music is upbeat and goes beautifully with the specific scenes.
Miss Minoes is a Siamese cat that is curious and gets herself changed into a young woman by drinking some dangerous chemicals. She dresses and talks like a young woman, but also eat and climb trees like a cat. She finds and helps a shy journalist, Tibbe (Theo Maassen), prove to his town that they have a villain for a factory boss that is not to be trusted. She gets all the latest and greatest information from all her little cat friends and passes it to Tibbe.
Vincent Bal directs Miss Minoes which is an adaptation of the 1970 novel by Annie M.G. Schmidt and was released in the Netherlands in 2001. This film is dubbed in English, is easy for follow and enjoyable. Another main character is Bibi (Sarah Bannier) who is Tibbeā(TM)s closest friend but also is a kid.
A couple of great messages in this film are to respect each otherā(TM)s differences and to not judge a book by its cover, because Miss Minoes outside appearance is a woman, but underneath she is truly a cat.
Miss Minoes is great for ages 8 to 12 and mostly girls who love cats will definitely enjoy this film.
I give this film 4 out of 5 stars because, although itā(TM)s a great cat film, I just think it has a little too many cats for a dog lover like me.
Miss Minoes is overall a good film and Iā(TM)m sure you will like it as well. So donā(TM)t forget to get your copy on DVD or Blue ray and always listen to your felines.
August 27, 2012
A wacky, charming little film that our whole family found strangely entrancing.
½ August 18, 2012
There aren't many films now-a-days which can successfully remain innocent and interesting while being devoid of the customary cinematic crutch like profanity, blood and gore or sexual content. This film had genuine heart and it was pleasant to watch, what a great example of a wholesome family film without the boring preachy parts. The characters were lovable and the story uniquely adorable, one can't help but fall in love with this film, and I did. I am starting to love actress Clarice van Houten, I've seen her in several films now and I just absolutely love her classic Holywood features, she is simply stunning and just so gorgeous.
½ August 14, 2012
"Miss Minoes" is a film that would be adored by a young girl who loves cats. I am not that young girl.
March 15, 2012
Charming story, lovable characters and a nice cast! Super entertainment for children and adults!:))
½ January 7, 2012
i loved this catty filml so much and the cats are all so cute
x
December 23, 2011
As a dutch person i found the English translation of this movie pretty terrible. But the movie itself is like a little jewel that isn't discovered yet. Carice van Houten delivers a great performance, and the story is easy to follow. But keep in mind, that this is a children movie and not something that adults really could like watching.

Overall its just worth a C !
November 13, 2011
Despre feline, puterea presei, evolutia sufletului si coruptie, totul in olandeza
½ January 18, 2011
A must see for all the cat lovers :))))
December 16, 2010
a must watch for feline lovers, just for the cats.
February 1, 2010
I watched it a lot when the dvd first came out. It's too childish for me now though.
January 31, 2010
Goed Annie M.G. verhaal, fijne blije film met lieve grapjes.
½ August 17, 2009
very nice movie .. a must see movie for cat lovers