Miss Potter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Miss Potter Reviews

November 12, 2014
a gentle film with beautiful views of the Lake District
November 7, 2014
Best Biography film Ever!!!
July 22, 2014
I greatly enjoyed this movie - it was beautiful, touching, exciting and Renee Zellweger does a fantastic job! :) Two thumbs up! :)
June 11, 2014
Missing a bit of spark and more a great sense of emotional upheaval, but still charming and enjoyable. The scenery was lovely and the criticism of the chauvinism of the time was reasonably well handled.
½ June 4, 2014
OMG why does Renee play everyone as an idiot and what are those facial expressions
½ May 27, 2014
charming and touching. The landscapes are breathtaking.
TheDudeLebowski65
May 20, 2014
I've always considered Renée Zellweger to be average actress. She's talented, but she's picked many questionable projects that simple didn't have any resonance with me. However, with Miss Potter, a biography drama film on the life of children author Bellatrix Potter ranks as her finest piece of work of her career. With an entertaining, rich story, the film is a well paced picture that is engaging from the first moment right up to end. Zellwegger does some great work here, and of all her films that I have seen of hers, this is her best. She brings a certain charm to her role, and makes it her own and it adds so much depth to overall film that it's easy to forget its flaws. With that being said, the film falls short of what it could have been, as it's a film that is a bit too short. I would love to have seen a longer film of Bellatrix Potter's life, and that's where the film doesn't quite get there. The film tries to add so much content into its run time that some important details of her life are never mentioned. However, Zellwegger's performance is what makes this film so good, and her chemistry that she has with actor Ewan McGregor is quite good, and throughout the film there's a feel atmosphere that really stands out in the film. I quite loved the film, and this one really surprised and I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Aside from its short run time, and the fact they add too much material, which kind of makes the film a bit uneven, overall Miss Potter is a very good movie, one that is a surprising drama that is definitely worth seeing.
May 7, 2014
Love this movie! A bit of fantasy, true love, profession, women, disruption with the parent generation etc.
½ March 16, 2014
Despite full of cliche, the first half is still looking all right. Everything just went downhill after that twist & turn in the middle.
Where is Renee Zellweger now, by the way?
February 8, 2014
I have so much love for this movie. It's beautiful and lighthearted (well, most of it anyway). I could watch it over and over again.
½ December 15, 2013
is this counted as a harry potter movie because Beatrix can be bellatrix in harry potter and Rupert
potter can be ronald weasly because rons real name is rupert grint!
½ December 7, 2013
Watched at home...I really enjoyed this movie. I liked the role Renee Zellweger played as Beatrix Potter. Really liked the whole book project and storyline.
December 1, 2013
only because of ewan mcgregor
November 10, 2013
For me, the story was more worthy of a TV movie. I don't mean to disparage Beatrix Potter's life, but the film became too dialogue-driven and emotional. I think the creative folk tried too hard to make the film bigger than it was by animating Potter's drawings. That device just detracted from the emotional impact of the film.
August 4, 2013
Glossy romance-novel treatment of the childrens author's early life. Renee Zellweger, Emily Watson, and Ewan McGregor have little to do but look endearingly sweet in shot after shot. Slick picture postcard photography backed by a soaring filmscore attempts to make a very little story a very big story. The supporting characters act like walking plot points rather than real people. I felt I knew Beatrix Potter better after ten minutes with the encyclopedia than I did after an hour and a half with this chocolate eclair cooked up out of a great woman's life.
July 20, 2013
Just a small movie for a great artist. Most important: It gives an isnight to the universe of Beatrix Potter - and if you want to know more: Get her books, with the most amazing drawings you can imagine. This woman had a gift. And this gift is still touching hearts.
½ July 12, 2013
Quirky! Enjoyed this character in spite of the actress who bugs me! Remarkable story!
July 12, 2013
niet slecht, maar zo traag dat ik hem niet af kan kijken...
June 4, 2013
I like the books, but zellweger's accent is not getting any better.
June 4, 2013
It was FABULOUS! I must have it! :-)