Mission: Impossible 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible 2 Reviews

November 4, 2016
The action event of 2000, John Woo got to direct the best Mission Impossible movie ever!
October 26, 2016
Ugh, all the stupid slow motion scenes and white birds flying through the air. Not to mention MI2 forgets it's supposed to be a spy film, and just goes the over-the-top action route. Disappointing.
October 10, 2016
Pas aussi bon que le precedent a cause de son scenar vu et revu. Cependant John Woo aux commandes donc les scenes d'action sont plutot classe.
September 18, 2016
More exciting than the first. All the masks were interesting. Enjoyed him recruiting the female thief!
September 17, 2016
I cannot understand how such a solid movie could get such a stupid idiotic sequel. Leave your brain at the door because there is no complex plot to speak of.
September 15, 2016
Highly entertaining and exsplosive spy movie. Over the top action.
August 26, 2016
Dull and without a cohesive plot, Mission: Impossible 2 fails not only as a sequel, but as an entertaining action movie, as all the pleasure and ridiculousness are simply non-existent in this follow-up. Other than an ever-reliable performance from Tom Cruise - and some sparse action sequences - this does not qualify as a recommendation.
Verdict: C-
½ August 16, 2016
The first underwhelmed me, but this one straight-up bored me. Again, of course seeing Hunt climb a mountain without a harness is impressive sure. And I even quite liked the idea behind the villain of the piece (though even that angle was woefully underdeveloped).

Even setting it in predominantly Australia was enough to grab my attention, and that's saying something cause I'm pretty biased when it comes to that. I hear tell that Mission: Impossible II is the low point in the series, and that at least is encouraging, because if anything afterwards is much worse than this one, I don't know if I'll be able to make it through to Rogue Nation.
August 14, 2016
Soundtrack gets 5 stars
½ August 3, 2016
As Action-Packed As the Original, But A Little Over-the-Top

Originally written May 29, 2000--
Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) sends Nyah Nordoff-Hall (Thandie Newton) undercover to stop an ex-IMF agent's mad scheme to steal a deadly virus and sell the antidote to the highest bidder. But when things go bad for her, Ethan must call on his good friend, Luther Stickell (Ving Rhames) to help him rescue her. The film was directed by John Woo.

As much as I enjoy action movies, I found the sequel to Mission: Impossible to be a little on the over-the-top side. John Woo is known for his visualistic style, but when you have two guys beat the living crap out of each other and neither one seems to sustain any wounds because of it, "overkill" is the word that instantly springs to mind. I didn't care for this film as much as the original, but it was action-packed.
July 21, 2016
Tom Cruise is no Chow Yin Fat but John is the Master of over the top action flick
( Let's get lost)
½ July 18, 2016
If I wanted to see flying motorcycles I'd go to the circus.
½ July 16, 2016
This is the 3rd time i have tried to like this flick but nope...i've never seen a film where a villain does jack-shit until the final overblown scene...rubbish..thank God the rest are good !!
July 12, 2016
I remembered this being a lot stronger than it is on a re-watch. The interested thing about this franchise, all of it's films are very "of their time" and haven't exactly aged incredibly well. Still, this is Cruise during his mid-career peak.
July 9, 2016
no me gusto tanto como la primera parte sin duda esta segunda parte es la peor pelicula de la franquicia de mision imposible,suerte que después la franquicia fue mejorando con la 3,la 4 y la 5,espero con ansias la 6.
½ June 23, 2016
I love love this series but this movie is awful and just tries to get as much action and romance in as possible but fails
jamrcla
½ June 22, 2016
Every film that does well at the box office and gets praise from critics usually gets a sequel and ruins the first and M:I 2 is no different, Ok the story was good and told well but it never felt like an M:I film, John Woo was a bad choice of director as he never strayed far enough from his king fu movies and it showed in the action scenes with OTT fights and stunts that ruined the best parts of the film plus adding in slow motion only made them look faker and the silly mistakes that could of been avoided didn't help either, Yes there was a great twist at the end that almost made up for the action but it's the outcast of the M:I series and is only part of the series because it has the name and the reprising cast nothing else fitted, Plus Tom Cruise's long hair was annoying too, Don't get me wrong it's not a bad film it's just a bad M:I film.
June 20, 2016
Mission Impossible 2, felt really odd considering how intriguing the first movie was. The action looks good, but the main character feel like a completely different person and the story itself feels odd. Overall it's watchable but.. doesn't feel what one would expect on the sequel.
½ June 9, 2016
Much slower and less interesting than the rest of the franchise. Although, Thandi is very worth watching.