The Mist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mist Reviews

½ May 26, 2016
Crappy visual effects, but an above-average horror film. Has one of the best/worst horror endings in recent memory.
May 11, 2016
I liked the book better than the FILM.
May 2, 2016
Impressive directing, editing, and performances deliver a B-movie that feels a whole lot more. Staying close to the source material delivers a horror/thriller that will always be the movie your friend has never seen.
½ May 1, 2016
That ending was fucked up. I thought this movie would be shit, but was pleasantly surprised.
½ April 13, 2016
Some of the CGI was ghastly, but otherwise it was a good film. Like the monsters' true forms, most of the explanations are in the mist.
½ April 5, 2016
get rid of the tentacles and I'll give it 4 stars.
½ April 3, 2016
That ending though...
½ March 28, 2016
The ending makes the movie.
½ March 25, 2016
Scary, intense, well-made, and full of great camerawork and cinematography, The Mist is a horror movie that will scare you out of your skin.
March 13, 2016
haha.... pretty horrible!
March 12, 2016
I was taken aback by how good this movie turned out to be, partly as my expectations were set quite low to begin with. On the whole it has reasonably decent acting (William Sadler and Toby Jones turn in nice performances) and a solid atmosphere. Based on the novella of the same name by Stephen King, this is a tautly directed horror/drama/mystery/suspense film, complimented beautifully by Dead Can Dance's 'Host of Seraphim' sung by the amazingly talented vocalist Lisa Gerrard.
½ March 11, 2016
Wow, you know when you watch a movie and you say no way can it end like you think it should? Well The Mist says fuck you and ends that way and makes you hate everything.
½ March 6, 2016
Wasn't perfect, but it was pretty well done. Extra half star for the devastating use of Dead Can Dance's "The Host of Seraphim" near the end.
March 1, 2016
Well balance between monsters on the outside and the monsters on the inside.
February 24, 2016
There's definitely more than enough overacting in this movie but it also kind of works at the same time given that it's a B movie at heart. The world Frank Darabont created here really sells the film and it does a great job at pacing around getting to know all the characters and letting the audience judge for themselves. Also, if you haven't seen it in black and white, I highly prefer it. It's the way it's meant to be.
February 21, 2016
Terrible movie. Visual effects relied too heavily on CGI. Acting was horrible.
February 21, 2016
Almost all of the characters are overdone and extreme to an unnecessary point, but The Mist is an entertaining and unpredictable movie that takes enough risks for it to stand out from the typical Hollywood horror flicks.
February 16, 2016
Blimey that was grim, made me enjoy it all the more!
½ February 12, 2016
Good horror movie but not the best.
February 9, 2016
Noticeably low budget visuals aside, The Mist features not only a frightening atmosphere, but an impactful, and even heartbreaking look at humanity, in a way only Frank Darabont could deliver.