The Mist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mist Reviews

March 13, 2017
Intense pre-Walking Dead warm up for Frank Darabont. After seeing this I really wish Thomas Jane would've played Rick Grimes. The characters motives are extremely questionable but overall this was fun enough and a good campy horror movie. Why not go back to the grocery store where it's safe and supplies are plentiful after you found out your wife was dead? Why try to "drive out" of the mist? Why not wait to use the suicide bullets till you REALLY need to?
March 8, 2017
Amazing, didnīt see the end coming
½ February 10, 2017
While you can definitely tell it's very clearly something Stephen King would come up with, The Mist still works at being a suspenseful, claustrophobic, morally divisive, and downright tragic creature feature and therefore, one the author's more underrated novel to film adaptations.
February 1, 2017
Great performances, great atmosphere, weak CGI but still frightening and scary. With one of the most shocking and frustrating endings that i've seen.
January 31, 2017
It was so awesome. Also the ending was really amazing.
½ January 27, 2017
very tense and suspenseful movie, with good characters and good pulse telling the story, but that final sequense is just awful, I donīt know why I hated it so much, It doesnīt make sense for me, besides that, the movie is worth watching
January 26, 2017
One of the better Stephen King films, not great by any means, but its atmosphere, special effects, and acting is well-done!
January 16, 2017
The best Stephen King film adaptation.
January 11, 2017
One of the best endings in movie history
January 2, 2017
Not a bad classic monster movie with a twisted tragic ending.
December 31, 2016
Up until the pointlessly cruel twist (and hammy) ending a great monster movie.
December 28, 2016
What a brilliant film, one of my favourites.
½ November 25, 2016
The ending is one of the most dramatic I've seen in a long time.... maybe ever
November 25, 2016
My fourth favorite movie of all time. The only negative, but only to let extreme horror fans know, is that there's not as much scary stuff or fighting the creatures. For me, I think there was just the right amount, not that I wouldn't have been ok with more. Everything else is outstanding, Frank Darabont is officially one of my top favorite directors and writers, and I couldn't believe where the movie went. If you aren't interested in seeing it, just look up what Stephen King said about it.
November 24, 2016
Wow... Seriously very disappointing. I don't know what to say about it. Other than if you want to depress yourself The Mist is a good dose for you. No plot, insinuates no meaning to life, and the ending is quite inappropriate. Don't bother with it.
November 21, 2016
Often eclipsed by the twist ending, I believe this film has much more to offer. The central themes of panic in the face of disaster, the disaster syndrome of what needs to be done in a crisis, and of course the danger of mass hysteria and religious extremism. So many people leave feeling like they don't know what to think of it because of the ending, which is taken on a life of its own, that it ruins the movie for most. I say, the ending is not relevant compared to the themes it presents in the narrative.
November 2, 2016
A great horror and well worth your time to watch. The Critic and Audience score should be in the mid 70s to low 80s.
October 29, 2016
A creepy suspenseful movie. This movie has great effects, and plot line. Also it has an amazing ending. This movie is gross in every way. I just wish the charecters were smarter. They weren't incredibly wise on what to do in this type of situation. Besides that this movies great!
½ October 29, 2016
Watchable B movie, slow to start but builds in tension. Not sure about the ending.
½ October 26, 2016
I don't understand how this could be considered good in any capacity. That ad-libbed ending almost pissed me off, actually. Horrible. Horrible acting Jane's part as well.