Mitch Albom's 'The Five People You Meet in Heaven' Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

Iâ(TM)ve watched this at least a dozen times in the past year. Itâ(TM)s unique. Jon Voight is one of the best actors around. The story is adapted from the very popular book which I also loved. Itâ(TM)s such a feel good movie. Every character is lovable yet, the story still has drama and conflict. It just transforms your psyche. The hero, Jon Voight, is so overwhelming good. Heâ(TM)s relatable. Heâ(TM)s decades of America.

• Mar 22, 2018

A nice story about one's journey to heaven after a terrible, but heroic moment in the amusement park that he was meant to occupy and "maintain" for his full life. A little too biblical and preachy for my usual taste, but it was a nice love story to follow and kept my interest throughout most of the film, although it was a bit long.

• Mar 31, 2017

Long. Very long...or so it seemed. Kept watching hoping for it to get "better". Bummer. Had high hopes.

• Nov 29, 2015

It had a made for tv feel to it, almost like a hallmark movie. It was good , but a little lengthy. Perfect movie to watch with a woman!

• Nov 13, 2015

The moral of the story is, what we do and don't do has an effect on everyone and everything.....and while the message is universal , I found the film rather dull in comparison to the book experience.

• Nov 10, 2015

I've never read the book but it's so good.

I've never read the book but it's so good.

• Nov 06, 2015

Five star, great movie, very thought provoking, spiritual and impact on ones life.

• Nov 25, 2014

this is a great movie and Jon voight is great in this movie! I highly suggest this movie!!!!

• Jul 18, 2014

"The Five People You Meet in Heaven" is a creative exploration of one man's life and how it impacted others. Mitch Albom's interpretation of heaven tells the story of "Eddie Maintenance" and allows him to make peace with those whose lives he impacted and vice versa. This creates an interesting flashback effect, showing us Eddie's life through the perception of others instead of through his own perspective. Jon Voigt brings life to Eddie and paints him out to be a lovable old grandpa and a hero from the start. This empathy carries us from the beginning to the end of the film, even when we doubt his goodness. creates empathy that makes us care about him from the beginning to the end of his life. There are very few indications that this is a made-for-tv movie. Despite several obvious green screen moments, the low budget of the film never interferes with the amazing storytelling technique of Albom. It does move slow at times, but it is worth it to get to the end. The acting is excellent for a low budget film, particularly Michael Imperioli as the gruff Captain and the lovely Dagmara Dominczyk as Marguerite. I also think that Ellen Burstyn was perfectly selected to narrate the film. From the tough childhood to the beautiful love story and difficult realizations of Eddie, this story will take you through many strong emotions in a short amount of time. I wouldn't include this film in my list of "great" ones, but it certainly brings Albom's story to life and causes us to reflect on which five people we may meet in Heaven someday.

• Mar 29, 2014

I love this movie so much and the book is good too.this brought me encouragement when I was in the hospital for mental issues.this helped me see a lot of things . And I'm just trying to watch it again.