Mixed Nuts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mixed Nuts Reviews

½ December 24, 2014
Hey, I liked it. Sure it was crap, and hardly a Christmas movie, but I liked its dark comedy and stupidity. A guilty pleasure I guess.
December 14, 2014
Fun Christmas time crazy comedy with constant laughs. Lots of old school name brand actors including Steve Martin, Adam Sandler, and the sexy Joliette Lewis.
December 13, 2014
From Nora Ephron comes the kooky Christmas comedy Mixed Nuts. Starring Steve Martin, Rita Wilson, Juliette Lewis, and Adam Sandler, the film has a great cast. But the characters aren't that interesting; their just eccentric weirdos that're all doing their own separate things and they don't really work well together. And, the story too is all over the place, with things just happening randomly without any lead up. Festively chaotic, Mixed Nuts delivers a few laughs but is too uneven and lacks focus.
August 12, 2014
(First and only viewing - 8/21/2008)
½ July 4, 2014
Remade French movie, chock-full of mainline actors/comedic talent that seems to be in competition with itself from beginning to end. Maddening and tough to believe throughout, only with a handful of laughs.
June 8, 2014
another watch just to see Adam Sandler's role in this movie not terrible but I've definitely seen better from Steve Martin
May 23, 2014
Sandler makes some crap movies
May 9, 2014
Actually? Very funny in 2014, even though not appreciated in 1994. Great cast!
March 16, 2014
This is what every christmas movie should be like, this movie has a lot of heart, great comedic timing and the cast is wonderful. Some people say that this is one of Steve Martin's lesser movies, but I truly believe he gives an all round good performance and The film's plot is a unique and interesting concept. all together a oddly hilarious and warmly heartfelt film
March 11, 2014
"Mixed Nuts" a favorite of Jolyn Braithwaite, can barely scrape by with 2 fresh ratings. A total of a whopping 7%. Maybe "Wall-E" isn't looking so bad after all? :)
February 22, 2014
Por supuesto, una peli de navidad que vale la pena.
January 3, 2014
I own this on DVD in a three movie pack along with:
* Roxanne (1987)
* L.A. Story (1991)
December 28, 2013
this film has it's moments, but they get old very fast. i did like seeing liev schreiber in drag dancing with steve martin. that made me chuckle. the rest was annoying.
½ October 18, 2013
It almost felt like a play. Kind of one of those movies thats hard to resist and you dont really look at as a movie, but only family entertainment. A great way to star off the holidays is "mixed nuts"
August 25, 2013
I hadn't seen this in ages. The script is terrible, but Liev Schrieber is hilarious and made it worth watching. Check it out if a fan of Schreiber, otherwise skip it.
June 11, 2013
It's a pretty bad movie with a worthless plot. The actors work hard to bring the characters to life but it lacks any substance due to a poorly written script. It had potential with the whole suicide hotline but other than that it drags on too long at times. Madeline Kahn and Liev Schreiber are the main highlights of this movie. I have to say that's the only reason I stayed with it. Not something I'd watch again anytime soon!
½ February 24, 2013
Ihan jopa siedettava ollakseen jouluelokuva. Tata aikoinaan diggailin ja Steve Martin oli ihana. Juliette Lewis sopi tahan rooliin aika hyvin mutta on siltikin rasittava nayttelija.
January 12, 2013
Its a watch, not the best movie, not the worst.
December 27, 2012
The reason I didn't hate this as much as I should've was probably because I was watching it with a friend, but it still wasn't too bad. There were a good bit of parts it was very funny.

PLOT:It's Christmastime and things are going screwy in this California setting. Philip (Steve Martin) is the manager of a company named Lifesavers, which is a dedicated suicide hotline. Working with Philip is Blanche Munchnik (Madeline Kahn) and Catherine (Rita Wilson). Things are running pretty smooth around Lifesavers until the landlord (Gary Shandling) gives Philip the eviction notice of their company. Philip must keep it a secret from his co-workers while still dealing with his many calls, including the pregnant and stressed-out Gracie Barzini (Juliette Lewis) and the cross-dressing Mr. Lobel (Robert Klein). It's an ok plot executed almost decently.

ACTING:The performances in here were okay. Steve Martin played a pretty good part as the stressed and depressed Philip. Rita Wilson played a pretty decent part as Catherine and Madeline Kahn played a good part as Mrs. Munchnik until the near-end of the movie. Adam Sandler played in this as the delivery boy, Louie, but he actually isn't as bad as most of his roles. Maybe it's because this one isn't a leading role. The other shiners, so to speak, were Juliette Lewis as Gracie Barzini, Robert Klein as Mr. Lobel, Anthony LaPagilia as Felix, Gary Shandling as Stanley Tannenbaum, Rob Reiner as Dr. Kinsky, and Jon Stewart as one of the tree carriers. However, none of the roles except for the first three were really good at all.

SCORE:The score was made up of mainly Christmas music, so it wasn't too bad.

OTHER CONTENT:I didn't hate this as much as I expected to because I had a friend pointing and laughing at certain things, plus it did have some hilarious parts. Overall, though, most of the jokes and plot twists fell flat.

OVERALL,an ok movie with a near-decent plot, okay acting, Chrsitmas score, and some hilarious parts, but most of it just fell flat.
December 27, 2012

SCORE:The score was made up of mainly Christmas music, so it wasn't too bad.