Mo' Money - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mo' Money Reviews

June 10, 2016
6/10/2016: A mildly entertaining and funny film. A good cast and laughs.
½ February 10, 2015
Uneven in both plot and tone, Mo Money entertains nonetheless based on Damon Wayans "In Living Color" influence and lively screen presence.
August 7, 2014
Funny shit best wayans movie
½ October 23, 2013
21 years later I'm still awaiting the sequel, "Mo' Problems".
October 7, 2013
Keith told me that joke
½ August 4, 2013
Classic comedy action. Damon Wayne what happen to the homeless man movie :( he was the best In Living Color character. Glad he was in the first part.
½ February 27, 2013
A weak film lacking in lots of potential humor. It was outdated 20 years ago, its outdated now. I honestly expected more from Damon Wayans
December 7, 2012
nuff said throw a card!
November 30, 2012
The action comedy can be one of my favorite types of films when do right. Many movies have balanced the two genres successfully, but unfortunately, "Mo Money" is as conflicted as its lead character. It's amiable enough, so much so that the unnecessary violence is jarring, and I found there to be no one to root for despite the fact that the three lead actors are all likable enough.

Damon Wayans is a talented comic actor, but it's hard to get behind him here because his character continually makes bad decisions. It's hard to feel any compassion towards him, and while Stacey Dash is almost impossibly attractive, she isn't given much to do here. There's not even any conflict between the two when the corporate executive Dash finds out that her new boyfriend from the mailroom Wayans has been lavishing gifts on her paid for by stolen credit cards.

The film is far more concerned with trying to get easy laughs from black film stereotypes such as the unattractive, love-starved female co-worker and the not-funny-enough-to-be-insulting gay humor. It's just mindless pandering to its target audience. The violence-filled finale seems even more outlandish when you stop to consider that these are white-collar criminals doing all of the damage. Not only does it feel out of place in a film as laid-back as this one, it's nonsensical as well. "Mo Money" is an uneasy mix that never quite gels like it should, It would have been more successful as a simple comedy.
½ October 31, 2012
Definately not "Mo Funny"
September 24, 2012
Found this funny back in the day
½ August 15, 2012
Back when Damon Wayons was funny, this was great. Just ask Cornbread.
April 7, 2012
big movie stil bck inda day ting i onli luv dis movie cos buff marlon wayans n shawn wayans r top jokas
March 24, 2011
Not as funny as I thought it was going to be.
November 24, 2010