Mob Town Reviews

• Aug 30, 2020

I love mob films. But waiting for action and I was disappointed. The cars are cool but don't match up. Satire, boring script. A man waving his arms around buying pork chops and screaming. Just did not build up to anything.

• Jun 24, 2020

This is a better than average movie. David Arcet(?) was surprisingly And pleasantly good. I had forgotten he still works. It's always a pleasure to watch Jennifer Esposito. No, she's not the best actress but she's attractive in many ways. Some of the secondary players are hammy but the hotel girl more than makes up for them. The movie does leave us hanging at the end with too many unanswered questions. Oh well. If you like Mafia, police, 1950s era, light drama, Italian centric, or crime history, you'll probably enjoy this movie.

• Jun 24, 2020

Not the best Mob movie ... Not the worse either ...

Not the best Mob movie ... Not the worse either ...

• Apr 14, 2020

Oh man, I rented this one. Great cast but this seriously is a mob movie for Lifetime or the Hallmark channel. No exaggeration. And I'm not one to usually be disappointed or critical. Love Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Jennifer Esposito and liked their characters and thought since they were in it and it was based on historical events and characters in the 1950's that it would be a decent mafia film, but aside from cussing, a couple very brief killings and a couple of kisses, this R rated movie had nothing and could easily have been rated PG.

• Mar 16, 2020

It's a slow burning mob drama that is well written and acted.

It's a slow burning mob drama that is well written and acted.

• Jan 22, 2020

Mob Town creates a nice look and feel for the era it portrays. The actors' performances are earnest and well done. No one comes off as half hearted or dutiful in their craft. However there's nothing particularly special about the plot. It's a simple snapshot of an event in time and the people involved. Someone who is a fan of movies about organized crime and it's history could definitely do worse than this film. But again, there's nothing that separates this one from the pack in this genre.