Modern Problems - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Modern Problems Reviews

December 5, 2016
So funny, and fairly old fashioned style of comedy.
August 16, 2014
Chevy Chase carries this film. Not bad of you like wacky 80's comedies, but not brilliant either.
August 10, 2014
Horrible. Not funny, story goes nowhere.
½ July 23, 2014
Depressed, repressed, Chase film, with a couple of notable scenes, such as the orgasm and nose bleed sequences.
½ July 19, 2014
Super goofy, but just what I needed one night. I loved seeing the weird old 80's artifacts, like the super-sized answering machine and people smoking in a break room. Mary Kay Place and Nell Carter were a pleasure to watch.
½ July 18, 2014
Meh, nothing too exciting about this just another Chevy Chase lame joked stories that has nothing nothing memorable or want to go back to watching anyrime soon. Boring and too long, which is saying a lot because it last about and hour and a half.
½ May 16, 2014
Very bad film that's almost saved by Dabney Coleman. Don't bother unless you've got a soft spot for terrible 80's movies.
May 11, 2014
This is an aweful unfunny movie! The rating is absolutely bogus! I started watching with my 9 year old son, thinking that a PG rating was ok, but it has lots of nudity and sex and sexual themes and talk! I had to turn it off because was not only inappropriate for my 9 year old, but anyone under 18! DO NOT WATCH THIS WITH ANY CHILDREN!!!
March 12, 2014
another bland Chevy flick comparable to oh heavenly dog and foul play.. bland and a far fetched plot not too bad but needs some spice n thats coming from someone who likes Chevy chase
February 13, 2014
It has its moments, but it has plenty of dull moments too!
February 8, 2014
Lacks the sardonic anti-establishment flair of Fletch and the star power of Caddyshack. It's mostly mediocre, but there are some funny moments. Overall, it's just kind of meh.
February 6, 2014
To be honest, the film is quite dreadful, but seeing Chevy Chase in his prime is still such a treat in this day and age, I can't help but have a fondness for this rather strange and quite nasty movie.
January 24, 2014
Watched it a long time ago, so I can't recall any details. However, I do remember this was at times a pretty bizarre piece of film, with a few hilarious WTF moments. Generally however, the movie was a bit boring, slow, and as time passes it becomes quite forgettable.
½ November 14, 2013
Not really funny, not really entertaining.
½ October 13, 2013
A not-very-funny Chevy Chase film. Starts off OK, but I guess when it gets rolling and the plot is developed a bit, it starts to sink. Predictable and no comic timing.
June 28, 2013
Aggressively obnoxious FX comedy with Chase at his absolute hammiest.
March 28, 2013
i thank this movie was very funny
January 30, 2013