Modify - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Modify Reviews

½ January 9, 2014
nice snapshot of all kinds of things considered body mods and those who love them
September 9, 2013
My friend Abe recommended it to me.
June 23, 2013
Pretty interesting what people will do.
½ March 7, 2013
Definitely not for the squeamish! I enjoyed it-a great survey of different body modifications both popular and on the fringes. I liked (and was grossed out by) being able to see the actual procedures because I am really curious about that shit.
September 23, 2010
Fair warning, this film was extremely graphic. Past that, it featured an interesting cross section of the body modification world. I didn't find every person interviewed to really have a fully formed opinion that they should be sharing on film, my main reason for the three star rating, but others were extremely insightful.
½ August 20, 2010
Pretty sick and twisted documentary about the different body modifications people go through to feel better about themselves or to express themselves either personally or even sexually. Anything from piercings, tattooing, flesh suspensions, body-building, and plastic surgery is covered in this documentary. Pretty interesting and not for anyone with weak stomachs.
July 24, 2010
Not for people who can't handle lots of blood and needles.
½ February 14, 2010
Another body modification documentary..... This flick takes a look at body modification in all it's aspects. From a Dragqueen applying his makeup, breast enlargements, implants to Suspension and other body mods! Super cool documentary but NOT for the fainthearted! :)
½ November 24, 2009
November 5, 2009
WOW, this is definitely not for the faint of heart. A bold and provocative movie about the broad spectrum of body modification. You've got dental mods, facial and head tattoos, pierced private parts, putting small barbells inside you arms, branding and more. You've even got cosmetic surgery and they show the actual procedures...in graphic detail. You can't help but continue to watch out of morbid curiosity! Props for making such a fantastic movie.
October 18, 2009
This documentary made me evaluate my own body modifications. There are so many forms of modifications a person can do to change their appearance. Some far more extreme than others. But to what point is it considered mutilation?
½ August 29, 2009
I don't know what made me watch this doc, maybe because i've been wanting to get a tattoo and ears piercing for some time now. but i don't think i could do the rest of the things here, but i'm not here to judge those who do.

The movie was ok, could have been shorter and have a tighter edit, it also started right into it, which was kinda weird. it is very graphic. the plastic surgery section was disgusting.
August 28, 2009
anyone who is into body mods, piercing, or tattoo's check out this movie...it's kinda cool.....not for the faint of heart....it is graphic !!!
August 21, 2009
for someone who is not familiar with this type of body modification, it will blow them away. I personally have seen most of this stuff. The gender surgery was new to me though. I bit boring at some points and quite repetitive with the images. But pretty decent.
½ August 14, 2009
interesting, just watched it on a whim, bu
August 6, 2009
Good overview of the different types of body modification. Occasionally difficult to watch. Also, no mention of the risks involved.
½ August 5, 2009
Not sure this is particularly well-done as a documentary, but there are a few interesting things in it. Not for the squeamish. Seriously.
August 3, 2009
I have to say the plastic surgery scenes were 1000x more disturbing than the modern primitive ones. Pretty standard body modification fare, but might be shocking to people unfamiliar with anything more than tattoos.
½ May 7, 2009
Un documentario molto interessante che getta uno sguardo sul mondo della body modification, esaminandola sotto vari aspetti e varie problematiche.
E' particolare perchŔ non Ŕ una cosa da tutti i giorni avere la possibilitÓ di sentir parlare chi si sottopone a queste tecniche, di solito si vede giusto una foto e si pensa il canonico "Che schifo, questo Ŕ pazzo". Mentre grazie a questo documentario ci si riesce un po' a calare nella mentalitÓ del bodymodder, a capire i suoi pensieri, le sue necessitÓ, le sue motivazioni.
Alcune scene sono DAVVERO pesanti, non solo a livello fisico ma anche psicologico.
Lo consiglio davvero, l'unico ostacolo Ŕ che si trova solo in inglese e senza subs, quindi qualche passaggio ogni tanto sfugge.