Modigliani - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Modigliani Reviews

November 23, 2015
????? ? ????? ?????? ?? ????? ?????????? ?????????? XX ???? ?????? ?????????. ???????? ??????????????? ? 20-? ???? XX ???????? ?? ??????????? ??????? ? ????????? ??????? ????????????? ????? ????????? ? ????? ???????.
½ July 29, 2015
Sloooooow moving but Garcia rises above and drags the movie with him to one time watch fame.
December 2, 2012
True story. Modigliani vs Picasso. Two artists, Paris in 1910's. Love, hatred and art.
October 21, 2012
"This is a fictional story narrating fictional events but is loosely based on the lives of the characters depicted herein."
It's not based on true story of Amedeo Modigliani, as it says below movie info.
September 7, 2012
a perfect biographical film which both successfully visualise the work of modigliani and in which Andy Garcia's performance is breath-taking!
August 27, 2012
No other artist could have portrayed Modi more passionately than Andy. Very moving having been with someone exactly like this artist, his addictions, his passion, his death, a monumental loss of a beautiful soul in ones life. Most beautiful acting by all the actors & actresses. Better than "On Golden Pond"
½ June 6, 2012
Très bon film, saupoudré d'une énième incroyable prestation d'Andy Garcia. Probablement le film le plus récent qui affiche le plus de métaphores visuelles majestueuses. La rivalité entre Modigliani et Picasso bat son plein, entremêlée de Cocteau et de Renoir qui pimenteront les choses... Fin frissonnante.
April 8, 2012
one of the movies that you must watch while alive
½ March 1, 2012
This movie does no justice to its subject. Garcia puts too much of his pompus self-righteousness into the character. Its obvious that there was very little research going into the role.
½ December 24, 2011
Fastinating, visually appealing, but emotionally overwrought period drama
November 3, 2011
A fantastic reminder that the only thing worse than a bad movie is a bad, pretentious movie.
September 20, 2011
Made me think about whether we / I have fulfilled the potential we were born with... do we / I need to focus more on exploring untapped talent -> artists like Modigliani did / do, however in some cases brilliant achievement with no limits leads to self-destruction. The alternative? A long, constrained life, a little safe, perhaps a nice home and job, a nice family, perhaps defined by mediocrity and undeveloped talent - which is the more successful life?

What compels people to pick up a pencil or brush and when do they become an "artist"... is it taking the next step to develop a skill and are they uniquely driven to keep working at it? If they do put in the effort, does inspiration spontaneously germinate or are they just fortunate to be born with this gift? Is the artist's life a successful life even if they neglect other areas of their life?

------------
Modigliani, 2004, Writer / Director Mick Davis
Starring Andy Garcia
August 20, 2011
Caught only the last twenty minutes on IFC; was like watching a turtle cross a busy highway. Other characters know the turtle, see the dangerous path it is on, yet they speed on, self-obsessed. But unlike some other reviewers, I enjoyed the painfully deliberate depiction of M's demise and Garcia's portrayal.
June 14, 2011
I love Modigliani as an Artist, so I enjoyed getting to know the Man through this film
½ May 24, 2011
This is a really good movie, but I think it is more of a special interest movie; artists, art majors, people who enjoy art would enjoy this movie more. It could hardly hold my interest, even with how good it really was.
½ May 24, 2011
This one was made for the "I-know-nothing-about-art-but-it-sure-would-be cool-if-I-did" crowd
February 3, 2011
terrible, utter shite.
January 28, 2011
I Love you this film <3 <3
½ January 10, 2011
INtresting to watch his rivalry with Picasso , his love with Jeanne.
Poor poor Modi!