Moj Nikifor (My Nikifor) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moj Nikifor (My Nikifor) Reviews

May 20, 2014
Dreamy but also brutally honest about people and their behavior and wishes and lusts.
November 12, 2010
This is a remarkable biographical film with class. The actor who played Nikifor gave probably one of history's best performances as a stubborn old man. The plot flow is quick, but with the right timing and pace, both which perfectly enrich the storyline and demonstrate the many details of the lifestyle or the culture of the locals through different seasons. The camera angle used is kind of ameteur-ish but did not disturb my observation at all.
½ November 4, 2010
A nice portrait of a very unlikely genius. Notable for the amazing performance by Feldman.
½ August 8, 2008
I hesitate to peg this as a biopic since the movie's main character, famed Polish naivist painter Nikifor, remains rather elusive throughout. Krauze interestingly enough chooses to focus on his mentor Marian Wlosinski instead, who in fact pretty much gave up on his own carreer as an artist to support his protegé. The result is an inspiring study of compassion and devotion. The movie of course ultimately belongs to Krystyna Feldman, already in her late eighties by then, for her inspired portrayal of Nikifor. A marvellous performance.
October 12, 2007
the old lady is very cute!