Mommy Reviews

• Jun 03, 2019

I've been resisting watching a Dolan movie for a long time since it seems to be a whole lot of drama and yelling. This movie has both but it also has an incredible humanity. The cinematography, including the play with the aspect ratio, perfectly supports the story and the tragedy of mental illness.

• Dec 24, 2018

Another great film from Xavier Dolan, paired with an amazing performance from Anne Dorval. Great script a little bit similar to previous Dolan's films, but a great film overall.

• Oct 21, 2018

Increíble como Dolan muestra un juego con los momentos felices de la trama.

Increíble como Dolan muestra un juego con los momentos felices de la trama.

• Sep 17, 2018

A sentimental and often difficult watch, 'Mommy' gave me pause to admire the roles and responsibilities of a parent in the face of challenges that would drive many to madness and violence, including possibly myself. Its depiction of mental issues are also relatively unglamorized, as far as I can tell, to the point that there are few redeeming or uplifting outcomes as a result.

• Aug 19, 2018

Definately the peak of his career and the scene in the kitchen when Celine Dion starts playing ... the best! This film was a rewarding experience.

• Jun 18, 2018

Harsh and hard. Good movie, but it's a punch in the gut.

Harsh and hard. Good movie, but it's a punch in the gut.

• Jun 05, 2018

As raw as you going to get.

As raw as you going to get.

• Jan 10, 2018

It has a style that gives the film another dimension

It has a style that gives the film another dimension

• Nov 22, 2017

Fantastic film! Some of the best acting I've ever seen! Loved the soundtrack, loved the story and theme, just loved it overall. What a very memorable movie.

• Oct 08, 2017

Shifts through an array of emotion but mostly wades in on the damper end of things. Great use of the aspect ratio to convey part of the emotional state. Well shot in general. Intense performances from Dorval and Pilon that express their complex relationship. A mature performance from Pilon caught me off guard.