Monarch of the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monarch of the Moon Reviews

March 23, 2012
Really cheesy spoof/homage to the classic movie serials of the 40's. However, Kimberly Page and Monica Himmelheber both play their characters with a style that actually makes this watchable.
July 3, 2011
½ August 16, 2010
I am pretty familiar with 1930's serials I am just not sure the filmmakers and screenwriter of this film are. The film is 1 hr. And 40 minutes long, I only could stand about forty minutes of this film. I am not one of those snobby critics that likes to bash lower budget films, in fact I am genuinely sad that I didn't like this film because I wanted to. It's an interesting idea, in fact the 30's serials are very easy to parody. But the comedy and jokes in this film are seen coming a mile away, leaving the viewer feeling bored. The "acting" is okay. The "action" or scenes that are suppose to be intense just feel weak. I could have seen this as a 10 to 15 minute web series, with 4 installments, but as a full length film, it does not have enough of "it" to entertain the entirety of the time.
½ March 8, 2010
bizarre campy spoof of 40's serials, half superhero & half Flash Gordon, played straight and using authentically cheesy old effects.
December 10, 2008
Fantastic ultra-low budget homage to the Saturday matinee serials of the 1930s & 40s. If you're unfamiliar with those films, you could be left scratching your head, but if you're a fan, you'll be in 7th heaven!