Monday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monday Reviews

July 17, 2011
A bit surreal, confusing and entertaining, this bizarre comedy makes you want to watch more japanese movies.
Be patient at first, once you get the first weird scene, everything gets better.
November 25, 2010
Japanese dark comedy at its finest. Fans of Scorsese's yuppie nightmare dark comedy After Hours and Schumacher's Falling Down might like this movie about a salaryman who gets tangled up with yakuza goons and goes a bit postal.
½ July 25, 2010
It started off well, and I thought I was really going to like it, but then there were some slow scenes that dragged on for too long and some preachy anti-guns and anti-alcohol scenes that were handled a little too blatantly.
December 6, 2009
fuckin' brilliant. Sabu's best film by a longshot.
May 2, 2009
This is the first time in a very long time that I feel so confused about a movie. Mostly, because I really tried to like it after it was recommended to me and after I had read so many favourable reviews. However I was a bit dissapointed. What I can definetely say is that I absolutely adored the soundtrack!! The performances (most of them) were good as well. And I loved the grotesque humour. Apart from some few scenes which were brilliant (my favourite is the funeral), most were artificially streched. And I found the plot disappointing even though I thought it was so promicing in the beginning. Maybe I just need to see it a second time?
½ March 29, 2009
½ January 1, 2009
Du comico-trash japanese!!!
December 19, 2008
This is a simple story done in a perfect fashion. The main character tries to recount what's happened in the last two days of his life. Much commentary, out-of-nowhere ideas and slick editing ensue.
½ December 7, 2008
Very little to the plot, but it's shot well enough to make it interesting. I'm sure there's a poignant message about the dangers of alcohol and guns, but if you blink you'll miss it.
December 2, 2008
Amazing movie! Can't recommend it enough.
December 1, 2008
No tomo mas!!! jejejejeje
½ November 15, 2008
A strange, interesting and funny story. The movie/direction is slow paced across the movie apart from few fast paced cuts. It really gets on to you. talks about effects of alcohol on the thoughts and acts of person and brings out the worse of him. an very good watch with lots of dark humour.
½ May 7, 2008
Occasionally very funny. Doesn't have much for a story when you later think back, but the idea how it's presented (putting it together piece by piece) is pretty interesting. Not original, but keeps one moderately interested. Ending could be much more powerful.

This movie won't make one cry over wasted time though, so it's definitely worth a look.
½ April 5, 2008
Fantastic build-up to a hugely disappointing ending. Could have been a masterpiece.
March 27, 2008
2 stars for the style, although it's not that original, I suppose. Entertaining, but falls apart at the end and ultimately without substance.
½ March 25, 2008
Cool japanese movie that mixes black comedy & action. Signes Sabu.
January 28, 2008
Best black comedy EVER.
½ January 24, 2008
Må bare elske denne.. Syke skuespillere,R� MUSIC. sprø dansing hehe Yakuza Mafian og det bare tar Helt Av