Moneyball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moneyball Reviews

August 19, 2016
Mana yg masih terkenang game tadik, jom tonton Moneyball!
August 16, 2016
A construção da narrativa não é nova, mas o roteiro em si é envolvente, traz diálogos interessantes (e muitas vezes cômicos), focando nas táticas criativas do Oakland Athletics para superar o baixo suporte financeiro e obter destaque na Liga Americana de Beisebol. Em se tratando de elenco, Brad Pitt está muito bem mas, quando em cena, os méritos maiores de O HOMEM QUE MUDOU O JOGO são para Jonah Hill. Muito bom!
August 14, 2016
I really like this movie. I think this is the third time I've seen it, and it's still very entertaining. A baseball movie that hardly shows any baseball, but can still be very engaging and fun. Pitt and Hill are exceptional, and very well deserving of their Oscar nominations.
Could be a bit boring for people who don't like numbers, but if you have even a slight interest in sports statistics, you'll love this movie. Lots of funny parts too.
Watched on Netflix at home, August 13, 2016.
August 5, 2016
As Peter said, Your not buying players, your buying wins. And this movie was a straight win.

-The Critic
August 3, 2016
A real in-depth look on how Billy Beane turned the Oakland Athletics into a World Series contender. It is one of the top baseball films of all time.
½ August 2, 2016
Moneyball is a very compelling subject with great performances from Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill (in a star-making role). It was nice to see Burapi in a role as a protagonist with human failings, which is rare for him in recent years (see World War Z and 12 Years a Slave). I think the movie could have done more with the character's dark side--we see him flip over tables and smash equipment, we never really know why he split with his wife. Highly recommended to anyone interested in management theory. I love how Burapi's character always asked, "What's the problem?" Then repeated the question when the respondents replied with a superficial answer.
½ July 30, 2016
Money ball surprised me in two ways. It is a movie about the reality of the monitary divide between the have and have nots organizations in the world of professional baseball, the contrast between the bigger millionair and the small budget clubs like the Oakland A's, I was also pleasantly surprised by the versatility of Brad Pitt as an actor and his coming of age in becoming one of the best current actors in the movie industry, at times even being minimalistic with his dialog, yet, captivating and very clear in conveying a message.
July 30, 2016
Great cast and great work by Brad Pitt
July 28, 2016
One of my favorite,you can watch it over and over.
July 17, 2016
As a huge movie fan and an even bigger sports fan it's great to see a sports film not follow the cliché plot line of nearly all sport films. The story of Billy Beane and how he adapted and built a team with only what he was given was insightful on how the business side of sports is run.
July 4, 2016
Grade: A-
In a Nutshell: Based on a true story, this smart sports movie hits a home run. The heavy-hitting cast includes Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Philip Seymour Hoffman (I miss him), Robin Wright, and Chris Pratt.

Uplifting theme:
"Adapt or die." - Billy Beane (Brad Pitt)
"How can you not be romantic about baseball?" - Billy
"I'll change the game. I want it to mean something." - Billy
Baseball is about people, not statistics.
"There is an epic failure going on in the game to understand what is going on." -Peter Brand (Jonah Hill)

Things I liked:
Director Bennett Miller uses interesting camera angles to help you "see" things differently. He also jumps from the roar of the crowd to complete silence to help you "feel" things differently.
Writer Aaron Sorkin is a master at quick-talking deals and clever wit. Some of the dialogues are simply hysterical.
Brad Pitt gives a stirring performance, even though most of the time he is snacking on something or chewing gum.
You hear the voice of sports announcers Bob Costas and Tim McCarver.

Things I didn't like:
At times the flashbacks get jumbled up with the present day and break up the flow of the story.
I hate it when brilliant, visionary protagonists get away with being jerks. For example, Billy is constantly pushing over desks and throwing chairs in tantrums.
If you're not a baseball fan, you might be a little bored at first and not understand some of the references to legends and players. Keep watching.

Funny lines:
"I'm not going to fire you." - Billy
"F-You!" - Grady Fusion (Ken Medlock)
"Now I am." - Billy
"Who's Fabio?" - John Poloni (Jack McGee)
"That sounds like fortune cookie wisdom to me, Billy." - Grady
"No, that's just logic." - Billy
"I asked you to do 3 evaluations. How many did you do?" - Billy
"47. Actually, 51. I don't know why I lied just then." - Peter
"Do you want me to speak?" - Peter
"Yeah, when I point at you." - Billy
"It's not that hard. Tell him, Wash." - Billy
"It's incredibly hard." - Ron Washington (Brent Jennings)
"Good meeting. Every time we talk, I'm reinvigorated by the love of the game." - Billy, sarcastically to Art Howe (Phillip Seymour Hoffman)
"What's your biggest fear?" - David Justice (Stephen Bishop)
"A baseball being hit in my general direction." - Scott Hatteberg (Chris Pratt)
"No. Seriously." - David
"Seriously, that's it." - Scott

Billy's advice:
"When you get the answer you're looking for, hang up."
"You may not look like a winning team, but you are one. So, play like one tonight."
"Is losing fun? Then what are you doing having fun?"

Tips for parents:
2 F-bombs. Wait, this is PG-13 movie, right? According to the MPAA, PG-13 movies are only allowed 1 F-bomb, unless a vote earns a two-thirds majority saying it's ok to have more. Lame.
There's a scene where a baseball player starts to take his pants down and dances on a table, but you don't see anything.
It's actually a really safe movie for kids, although they may be a bit bored with all of the talk of statistics and economics of the game.
July 2, 2016
I might be a bit biased being a baseball fan, and a sucker for a good ball flick. But for me, Brad Pitt, and Jonah Hill, two of in my opinion the best actors of all time. Swung for the fences in 'Moneyball' and hit a grand slam! To make it even better, it's based on a true story. Sports fan or not, I recommend giving this film a watch!
June 15, 2016
Moneyball (2011) 133m. ??? D: Bennett Miller. Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill, Robin Wright, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Chris Pratt, Stephen Bishop. Inspired adaptation of the Michael Lewis novel examines respected baseball manager Billy Beane's successful attempt to assemble a baseball team on a lean budget by employing computer-generated analysis to acquire new players. Compelling, to be sure, but since the main character is hard to relate to, it leaves the film with a certain level of aloofness.
June 13, 2016
Okay. Here's what I was thinking: Moneyball, Moneyballs, MONKEYBALLS.
June 12, 2016
A surprisingly dense, well acted, and intelligent work w/ distinct direction by Bennet Miller and interesting and artful editing and photography. All of which combines to turn what should have been a by-the-numbers sports movie into one of the best films of 2011. You'll like this movie even if you don't like baseball, for baseball merely acts as an entry-point into ideas about how we interact w/ and exploit each-other. But the film is also about moving forward, and redemption, the type that is rarely offered to people.
½ June 12, 2016
One of the best sports movies of all-time
June 10, 2016
Not that great I thought it could have been a better movie. The only good thing about it was that it was about baseball. I was not a fan of the plot to the movie
June 9, 2016
I don't know anything about baseball so I don't really know what's going on in this movie. This movie puts me to sleep. Maybe I should re-watch it when I'm not as tired and am not on the plane so I can hear better.
June 8, 2016
whenever talk of great baseball movies come about I find this one getting slept on and i dunno why. True story with big actors and its very enjoyable
½ May 31, 2016
Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill have incredible chemistry in "Moneyball," a movie about how great Billy Beane is. Pitt is his usual dynamic self and the supporting cast do the job just fine. The two flaws about this movie are the pacing and a few inaccuracies. The mistakes I can get over. It is, after all a dramatized version of what happened in real life. The pacing and the endless worship of Beane took this movie from a 10 to about an 8.7. Make no mistake this is one of the finest baseball movies of all-time.

If you're a baseball fan this is a must see, and even if you're not this is the kind of movie that could turn you to be interested in the sport in the same way "Sideways" made people interested about wine.