Mongolian Death Worm Reviews

• Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Jul 26, 2020

It's a very bad creature-feature, because that's what Syfy does. Makes me kind of feel sorry for Sean Patrick Flanery. At the same time that The Walking Dead was just starting to take off for Norman Reedus, Flanery was doing... this. I will sort of give credit to the CG effects on the titular worms in this one. I think, if you took them out of their surroundings and put them in a void, they look quite good. The only problem is that they do not look like they exist in the environment on screen. At all. It's a pretty decent visual in the worm itself, but they look veeeery pasted on top of what is actually happening.

• Jan 08, 2015

I like the educational message.

I like the educational message.

• Dec 18, 2013

A movie about giant death worms. George Cheung was hilarious. It was a little bit too sappy.

• Sep 23, 2013

Yeah, the DVD cover art really makes you want to watch this. Since it is a SyFy film, I guess it's no surprise that this is a pretty god-awful film. Instead of sticking to the actual myth behind the titular creature, here we are given a treasure hunt movie with pretty ridiculous characters and situations. I barely watched it to the end, in vain hoping to be awarded with something worthwhile. Some of the creature effects were OK, but nothing like on the cover art, and that's about it.

• Sep 19, 2013

Decent scify creature feature nonsense. This time featuring Mongolia, deadly worm creatures, an evil oil company and a lost treasure...what more could you want?

• Jan 23, 2013

Typicaly bad Syfy monster movie, the death worms are kind of entertaining and I have seen a lot worse.

• Jan 20, 2013

This is the kind of film that gives SyFy a terrible name.

This is the kind of film that gives SyFy a terrible name.

• Doctor S Super Reviewer
    Oct 27, 2012

Goofy, stupid B-movie fun, if that's all you're after. Flanery & Pratt have a good opposites-attract repartee.

• Sep 26, 2012

It's not Tremors, but it's not a terrible watch.

It's not Tremors, but it's not a terrible watch.

• Mar 28, 2012

The title just shouted quality. How disappointed I was.

The title just shouted quality. How disappointed I was.