Reviews

• Apr 14, 2021

amazing. worth watching twice and even three times, the animations is beautifull!

• Dec 01, 2019

I liked it but is there a second one? I hate the way it ended I have so many questions. Cute movie.

• Jul 05, 2018

One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The jokes all fall flat, the acting is mediocre at best, the plot is pointless, and for some reason, they decided to put a good amount of adult humor. For no reason. Not smart adult humor like other family movies have. Just plain sex jokes with cursing. The only positive thing is that it looks ok.

• Jun 24, 2018

The only thing worth watching here is the last 20-30 mins which features a somewhat entertaining final battle before the abrupt ending. Other than that, it is incredibly weak. The animation has a lovely, vibrant colour palette, but otherwise looks like a one, long, cheap cut-scene from a video-game; the story is not only very uninteresting where almost nothing meaningful happens, but also has quite a few pointless characters - even the ones that do get any screen time are underdeveloped (something could definitely be said about how bland the character design is, too); and the dialogue is very uninspiring. Most of all, it fails to affect and becomes more tedious as time goes by, despite the fight scenes that were inserted in an effort to hold your attention.

• Feb 17, 2018

okay listen, I'd give this movie two stars maybe even one. But that end game man..

• Oct 16, 2016

One of the best retelling of the Sun Wu Kong story. Very entertaining for both adults and young kids. (We watched it in Mandarin)

• Aug 18, 2016

I hate to say this, this movie is absolute trash story and dialogue. As I grew up with Monkey King, I haven't seen any movies can tell this story in such mundane way. What a waste on the CGI and action sequence.

• Jul 20, 2016

Worth a watch. It has a shaky beginning with it's animation, but it pays off as it gets better as the film goes along. Also, don't judge it by the English trailer, whoever pieced it together did a terrible job. The movie was a lot of fun, and I would recommend it for the final battle alone. I watched it dubbed and Jackie Chan was, as always, fun.

• Apr 20, 2016

Nice animation. Shallow and boring story.

Nice animation. Shallow and boring story.

• Dec 26, 2015

Energetic and fast-paced, punctuated by traditional Chinese music in the operatic tradition - an engaging animation that may be conventional but thrills with its choreographed fight scenes and brilliantly coloured palette.