Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran (Monsieur Ibrahim) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran (Monsieur Ibrahim) Reviews

March 8, 2015
I watched this movie for a French Film course. This movie is absolutely great, and I love how it deals with the tenants of Sufism. Also, I like how the movie embodies the German concept of bildungsroman, which essentially means a coming of age story. Monsieur Ibrahim is also very culturally innovative because it demonstrates that people can overcome rigid boundaries and differences between cultures.
½ July 27, 2014
just love the fact that Omar Sharif was still that Good :)
January 2, 2014
Great film touching story,beautiful scenery and awesome cast. A solid film.
November 21, 2013
Well, I definitely liked the first half better than the second half. I really liked the film when it first started but as it went on it had me rolling my eyes at the sentimentality of it all and how it was trying to pull the viewers heartstrings. Also it was very predictable.
September 6, 2013
davvero bello. francesi vi odio quando fate cose belle
½ December 5, 2012
"Dictionaries always use words
you don't understand."
November 1, 2012
This is another Magical Muslim movie, along with such entries as Monsieur Lazhar, Le Havre, and London River. In this popular new genre, we are reminded how lucky we are to have hordes of these very special people taking over every Western country in order to enlighten us with their superior values and greater humanity.
September 16, 2012
Great movie , Omar Sharif was brilliant .
April 18, 2012
Young Jewish boy with an addiction to prostitutes, Muslim store owner friend, and a depressed dad who takes laxitives makes a great film, until the boy and the store owner head off to Turkey or Hungary.
April 1, 2012
A moving film which touches on how love can surpass ethnicity and religion. Sometimes we're so preoccupied by our burdens that we've forgotten how to be happy: to BE happy.
I've yet to know more about sufism in Islam, but the universality it suggests has impressed me.
The original novel by √ric-Emmanuel Schmitt should be worth-reading as well. I've read a little part of it (in French... quite demanding for me), but I'm guessing this film follows the original novel quite closely.
February 17, 2012
What an art!
Is this France in the early days??
February 5, 2012
Moses (Peter Boulanger) is a teenage boy that finds himself into women, and needs money to pay for them. For his first time, he got money from his piggy bank. Then, he started stealing products from a grocery store next to his house in order to have food and wine for dinner as well as saving his father's money for his next adventure with one of the neighborhood prostitutes. What he could not imagine is that the owner of the grocery store, Ibrahim (Omar Sharif), knew exactly what he was doing, and a very strong friendship started between them. Worth watching!
January 8, 2012
Sweet movie. Nice, easy pace. Heartwarming, and produces just the right amount of smiles. I like these kinds of movies....
July 11, 2011
This is a very affecting, sweet, well made and very well acted coming of age story about a boy growing up in a dirty area of Paris who befriends a grocery store clerk.
July 2, 2011
"Ce que tu donnes Momo, est à toi pour toujours, ce que tu gardes est perdu à jamais"
Beautiful
½ June 23, 2011
Witty, melancholic, funny, full of love and life.
May 27, 2011
SUPER --- "Ce que tu donnes, Momo, c'est à toi pour toujours; ce que tu gardes, c'est perdu à jamais !"
½ April 29, 2011
Una sorpresa increíble
April 2, 2011
Very enjoyable film, but though it styles itself something more, I don't think it really was. This disappointment may be leading me to stiff it by half a star or so... I certainly recommend watching it in any case.
½ January 22, 2011
Starts out quite a cute, positive placebo for the coming of age kids. The last 1/3 is going off-track & way too far-fetched however.