Critic Review - BET.com

Next to 'Catfish,' 'Monsters' is probably the most anti-climatic ending of the year.

January 3, 2011 Full Review Source: BET.com | Comments (11)
BET.com

Comments

Leisure M.

Leisure Muffin

Were there not enough black people in it or something? Do a remake like "Death at a Funeral" and only use black people, so that you guys will like it.

Jan 28 - 10:33 AM

Robert Cowan

Robert Cowan

The fact Clay Cane is a Top Critic is racist against other races.

Feb 17 - 07:45 AM

Andrew I.

Andrew Imrie

Thanks for ruining the ending of TWO films, jackass.

Mar 1 - 03:08 PM

Ape Danger.

Ape Danger

Both 'Catfish' and 'Monsters' are brilliant and powerful pieces of film.

Mar 15 - 04:25 PM

Ape Danger.

Ape Danger

Both 'Catfish' and 'Monsters' are brilliant and powerful pieces of film.

Mar 15 - 04:25 PM

Ari Mar

Justin Woodard

The end of "Monsters" is perhaps one of the most perfectly lovely, and perfectly thematic, endings I've seen in any recent movie. It's only anti-climactic if by "climax" you mean "stock footage of aliens fucking shit up".
Seriously. I usually don't bitch about critics who disagree with me, but (besides ole' Armond, of course) this guy is the worst critic on this site.
About "Let Me In" he said, "Another week, another teen vampire flick", making it apparent that he hadn't even watched part of the movie.

Jun 10 - 01:08 AM

Graham M.

Graham McDonald

I'm agreeing with Clay.

Jul 5 - 08:10 AM

Kelly R King

Kelly R King

It was the worst film i have EVER seen.

Sep 4 - 12:34 PM

mercy d.

mercy dsemond

(lonelymercy@yahoo.com)
Interesting,
How's everything with you over there, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile here. I really want to have a good friendship with you. Beside i have something very vital to dis cause with you, but I found it difficult to express my feelings here, since it's a public site. Please i will like you to contact me, through my private e-mail: (lonelymercy@yahoo.com) So we can get to know each other better,and i will send you my picture and also tell you more about me OK!.Yours Friend,
Miss Mercy Desmond.

Nov 7 - 04:08 AM

mmek a.

mmek a

i agree with ape and realy kelly? i think you need to see more movies..

Dec 4 - 02:00 AM

Yossi Gold

Yossi Gold

"Next to 'Catfish', 'Monsters' is probably the most anti-climatic ending of the year"

On the contrary, not every film needs to end in a perfect "Hollywood" catharsis ending or a big traumatic colossal tragedy ...

The whole point of the film isn't the lead character's relationship or what happens to them afterwards or even if they manage to get back to the good ol' US of A safely. It's not important and not the first time this is done (Sofia Coppola's "Lost in Translation" is the perfect example of this).

The whole point is their journey, what it tells us and what we experience with them along the way, which is something Americans usually overlook. It's not about where you're going it's about the path you take. Plus, as you probably haven't noticed by your critique, this isn't your usual running away from aliens film, it's a statement (that we're the REAL monsters) and an experience.

Why people simply HAVE to have an "ending" in order to enjoy a film is beyond me.

Jun 21 - 03:59 AM