Monsters Vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters Vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space Reviews

½ October 28, 2016
Dreamworks can make odd specials
October 15, 2016
This is incredibly funny, has beautiful, colorful animation, an exceptional cast, and great characters.
November 1, 2015
Likeable Halloween short from the franchise.
December 30, 2014
Terrible another monsters vs aliens tv short. Terrible, thought it would be good for halloween but it turned out to be terrible.
September 18, 2014
The film is not as good as the movie.
½ February 10, 2014
A ok movie I like B.O.B the best! A 80% by Aidan
November 8, 2013
How do pumpkins spawn and mutate on Earth, and is this a children's horror s-fi?
½ February 21, 2013
A pretty okay film not as good as the movie but still okay.
January 20, 2013
Now Dreamworks likes to do Christmas or Halloween shorts (Shrek the Halls and Scared Shrekless), this one was a bit bigger than the other shorts, but it was worst, Monsters Vs. Aliens was sort of good, nothing perfect, but this was worst than the movie, Scared Shreklless was kind of good, but this wasn't that much.
December 26, 2012
This punks were ugly
½ October 16, 2012
Funny and the blue goo is hilarious he really likes candy!!
October 1, 2012
Good Halloween special.
November 24, 2011
½ October 30, 2011
Humorous. Good to watch at least once at Halloween. The boys enjoyed it.
½ October 25, 2011
If you enjoyed the first film, you will enjoy this, although it is not as good.
October 23, 2011
Like most of DreamWorks' animated features, the premise for the "Monsters vs. Aliens" pic surpassed the execution. Boiled down to a half-hour, however, the concept works just fine, with plenty of action, a terrific look and the most meager possible plot. While hardly destined to make anyone forget Linus and the Great Pumpkin, it makes for a nifty Halloween special NBC will air twice -- back to back -- and which, based on ABC's performance in 2007 with "Shrek the Halls," could provide a welcome treat to a network that could certainly use one. Based Monsters vs. Aliens, this is a Halloween special featuring the voices of Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, Hugh Laurie, Will Arnett, Kiefer Sutherland and Rainn Wilson.

VERDICT: "Matinée" - (Mixed reaction). These kinds of movies are usually movies that had some good things, but some bad things kept it from being amazing. This rating says to pay matinée prices to see at a theatre, buy an ex-rental or a cheap price of the DVD to own.
September 27, 2011
Is not that bad, is REGULAR. I still think the theme was still not for kids, but oh well, adults only think of themselves when doing kids movies, shorts or animation. You may say 'not true', but if you analize every thing you saw when you were a kid from an adult point of view, you will say 'is true'. Won't give examples, because I won't finish never lol.

Plot: Simple, a space ship comes fron nowhere and makes mutant pumpkins. The title says it all. No spoilers, just a HINT. How will it end? Not predictable, at least, not much. Stars? A few for the effort made. The animation keeps being AMAZING.

Music: Ok, animation like I said was amazing, and I add the score was FANTASTIC. Why no acting spot? Like I have said before million times, no matter the language or accent you use to watch this, via subs or dubs, etc, is still enjoyable. I see all the things 7th Art has to offer, since I have the obligation to 'know-it-all', even If I don't need to be a...that sort of thing. Stars? Yep, the musicians did a great job.

To end this review, 3 stars of 5. Enjoy and HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS! CHAO! BLESS YOU ALWAYS ANIMALS, I MEAN MONSTERS!!! GOSH, I MEAN, YOU PALS XD
½ July 30, 2011
after seeing monsters vs aliens, i had to check this out. Still was just as funny and entertaining, for half an hour in length this short film done well to cram a comedic storyline with yet again hilarious performances from the all star voice talents.
July 12, 2011