Montana Belle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Montana Belle Reviews

May 4, 2014
140504: Warning - story reveal. Loved it, so much so I've added it to my must buy list. Some "high speed chases", shoot-outs, drama, a love-rectangle, the amazingly captivating Jane Russell as the beautiful villainess Belle Starr, a couple great saloon songs which almost make this film a musical (but not) and more. There is a fair bit of subtle humour held within. This film, obviously not intended to be taken too seriously, muddles with the historical demise of the Dalton Gang by throwing in the fictitious "Belle Starr Gang" along with some other great characters. Included in these characters are the comical Jack Lambert as Ringo and the eventually endearing George Brent as Tom Bradfield. An absolute classic scene in the finale as Mac & Bob Dalton run out of ammunition and then decide to "walk out of this town", falling in a hail of bullets. The scene is reminiscent of Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid and I found it equally, but forcibly, dramatic. Very neat film I had to wait 48 years to see but will happily watch again.
August 5, 2011
life and death of the legendary bandit woman.
jjnxn
½ June 27, 2011
Historically worthless just an excuse to showcase Jane Russell in a western setting and have her play a slightly darker character than usual. On that basis this is an okay oater. Jane even sings a couple of songs.
½ June 21, 2010
good technicolor western but the copy i saw was really washed out and green this is a prime candidate 4 restoration great cast.