Monte Carlo Reviews

• Jan 10, 2021

Charming romantic comedy set in a beautiful location. Silly at points but overall a nice escape.

• Jan 01, 2021

It's an Amazing feel good Romantic comedy. Must watch!

It's an Amazing feel good Romantic comedy. Must watch!

• Oct 26, 2020

Excellent tween and teen movie! Monte Carlo is a charming movie for tweens and/or teens. Several other reviewers disliked the movie calling it predictable and boring but I have to vehemently disagree. If you are looking for a cute, adventurous movie with NO SWEARING, NO NUDITY, NO SEXUAL SCENES or INNUENDOS, NO SMOKING, and NO DRUGS then this is the movie for you (and us!)! This movie reminds me of some of the 1960's Disney movies that were plot-wise too old for little kids but still 'safe' for the not quite teenagers. This is a classic movie about mistaken identity and learning to get along. The 3 main characters in the movies are all very different personalities but they grow and learn to accept each other by the end of the movie. They also have very different 'happy endings' but seeing how different they are, the characters should end happily-ever-after differently. There are some funny moments, some thinking 'would I do that?' moments, and some 'good for her' moments. You genuinely like each of these characters (except the mean girl) by the end of the show whether you liked them at the beginning or not. This movie is perfect for its target audience of tweens/early teens and I wish more movies like this were available with today's stars!

• Sep 26, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (4/5) A fun, lighthearted comedy with a few nonsensical scenes that diminished the overall story, but not enough to leave it unenjoyable. Duration/Tempo: (4.5/5) At 1 hour and 49 minutes, it's an average length movie that felt short. Good pacing for a playful, upbeat comedy. Cast & Crew: (4.5/5) Selena Gomez and Leighton Meester were excellent. Summary: (4.5/5) The story was very good, the cast was excellent, and the film felt short. A strong thumbs up.

• Sep 18, 2020

For its target audience is it really good. Also some genuine good acting now and then. I recommend it for young teens.

• Nov 07, 2019

It's a wonderful Great movie it was my dream to go tomorrow Carlo and this team has done very good job I love this movie it is my favourite movie in the hole hole favourite this my favourite movie ok

• Jul 18, 2019

I know some might say this is a girly movie but Selena Gomez is a good singer and actress. It helps her case that during her Disney Channel tenure, she was considered one of the few genuinely good role models. Not that I was really into Disney Channel, even back then seeing how most of it is live-action sitcoms that tell you when to laugh although laugh tracks had already become old hat years ago. Anyway, Monte Carlo is formulaic and silly but it is still intermittently funny and Selena is charming in the lead role. I can't bring myself to hate this movie but I'm sure the principal demographic will be entertained.

• Apr 26, 2019

I think people are way too critical in life. This movie is what it is. A feel-good, pass-time comedy with some beautiful moments. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely not horrible. It's a good film. Films are made to experience and I experienced it well without being critical of how simple the plot was. I knew how it would end, still enjoyed it. If there weren't films like these, life would be too serious. I recommend it to anyone who wants to spend a lazy weekend at home or having a sleepover with your girls.

• Feb 27, 2019

LOVE, ABSOLUTLY LOVE. This movie is so underrated this is unbelievable!!!

LOVE, ABSOLUTLY LOVE. This movie is so underrated this is unbelievable!!!

• Jul 20, 2018

The setting could not be more perfect, while Selena Gomez shines bright as ever.